43oh

Need a challenge question that a visitor may know, to keep off spam

• 4 weeks later...

Since computers have beat even expert human players at Jeopardy, try questions

based not just on knowledge. Wolfram alpha doesn't seem to do so well if you throw

even simple story problems at it.

e.g.

If the United States military budget is 41 percent of the world military expenditure, and the next largest spender (China) spends 8 percent of world military budget, how many times greater is the US military spending.

Even if the bots get better at answering questions like this, at least it is contributing

to the advancement of AI.

http://xkcd.com/810/

Since a "standard" 14mm bolt uses a 21mm wrench...

... and a "standard" 16mm bolt needs a 24mm wrench...

(I say standard because manufacturers can specify a wrench / versus bolt size for custom things....)

And they don't make 15mm bolts....

... a 15mm bolt would need a 22.5 mm wrench, which they don't make.

;-)

I just remembered that you are probably referring to shank size , which no one uses... I was pondering this , and remembered that a 12mmx 1.25 shank usually has a 13m or 14mm hex head , and even less so on a deci head...

youre going to get me kicked off the electronics board for spouting mechanics... well played sir...

I just remembered that you are probably referring to shank size , which no one uses... I was pondering this , and remembered that a 12mmx 1.25 shank usually has a 13m or 14mm hex head , and even less so on a deci head...

youre going to get me kicked off the electronics board for spouting mechanics... well played sir...

umm...

a 3/8 diameter bolt (shank or otherwise the metal stock used to roll or cut the threads) has "typically" a 1/2" wrench head. but may be 7/16, 9/16 or even 3/4....

So, let's both get kicked off? ;)

dont make me get out the whitworth chart...lol..

and tbh , from what I see working on cars day in day out , is a 3/8's bolt would have a 9/16 head (14mil if ford) , but have seen them with 12mm 12points on jeeps , and 22mm on an aviator just last week... then again there are also ball joint bolts on silverado's that come close to this , and run 18mm...

i guess you have a point...my original point was that you would use a 15mm wrench on a 15mm bolt(head)...

I think we're the only ones reading this thread anymore...not even the bots care...