Sign in to follow this  
joaopaulo

New release?

I'm also curious what the release of Arduino 1.5 today means for Energia. From my reading of the documentation, it looks like they have built in structures to the new Arduino to simplify porting it to new architectures. I'm curious how you guys will approach that, if you are considering wrapping your port work into the new Arduino or continuing to develop Energia as a separate project.

Great to hear. I'll be interested in watching how adoption of Arduino by other boards goes with this new framework in place with 1.5. They Arduino folks have really been pushing the idea of making it easier to port, so we'll see what happens. I'm excited about the option of having more boards easily accessible for education and early introduction to electronics. This has all kinds of implications for STEM education as well as high-school and up.

I build it following the instructions to build arduino. When I run energia.exe it gives:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jnidispatch (/com/sun/jna/win32-amd64/jnidispatch.dll) not found in resource path

at com.sun.jna.Native.loadNativeLibrary(Native.java:471)

at com.sun.jna.Native.(Native.java:91)

at processing.app.windows.Platform.(Platform.java:279)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at processing.app.Base.initPlatform(Base.java:218)

at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:155)

On windows 7, 64 bits. Any ideas?

Great to hear. I'll be interested in watching how adoption of Arduino by other boards goes with this new framework in place with 1.5. They Arduino folks have really been pushing the idea of making it easier to port, so we'll see what happens. I'm excited about the option of having more boards easily accessible for education and early introduction to electronics. This has all kinds of implications for STEM education as well as high-school and up.

Don't forget Arduino is based on Wiring, which had the very same purpose of supporting all the boards...