Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

Inactive members will be pruned/deleted

IMHO active lurkers should also be saved. I don't post much but read almost daily.

I agree. But it's before the big move to ipboard. There are at least 1000+ spammers registered and I need to get them out. Registering will take a few seconds in the new forum.

I bet a lot of people became members because of hack-a-day posts. Because you can't see some of the content without being a member they had to sign up. First, having to sign up to view content and then being kicked because you don't post. It is kind of annoying either way.

The more people who view these boards the more potential advertising revenue. It isn't like the old days when people actually paid for bandwidth. You might want to open up the content to all if you don't want to keep all those members with low post counts.

-rick

Very good point, Rick.

But I also let all those spammers in.

Let me check with ipboard, if there is a script to prune them off. IPB uses a centralized spam service, so if the same spammers are on another forum, they automatically get flagged in all remaining forums.

i think Rick talks about the 'you have not the rights to view the attached image' problem for unregistered hackaday readers and some other restrictions.

It could help to give everybody read access to the most frequented forums, to avoid registrations by these one-time members. correct me if I'm wrong ;)

I'm just curious, mainly bc I just bought the Tapatalk app from the AppStore purely to access this board. I'm a complete noob and I don't post a lot. Also I haven't been a member for too long. I do, however, read it almost daily. A lot it seems is over my head, so I'm also trying to play catch up.

Sign in to follow this