43oh

Inactive members will be pruned/deleted

I bet a lot of people became members because of hack-a-day posts. Because you can't see some of the content without being a member they had to sign up. First, having to sign up to view content and then being kicked because you don't post. It is kind of annoying either way.

The more people who view these boards the more potential advertising revenue. It isn't like the old days when people actually paid for bandwidth. You might want to open up the content to all if you don't want to keep all those members with low post counts.

-rick

i think Rick talks about the 'you have not the rights to view the attached image' problem for unregistered hackaday readers and some other restrictions.

It could help to give everybody read access to the most frequented forums, to avoid registrations by these one-time members. correct me if I'm wrong ;)

I'm just curious, mainly bc I just bought the Tapatalk app from the AppStore purely to access this board. I'm a complete noob and I don't post a lot. Also I haven't been a member for too long. I do, however, read it almost daily. A lot it seems is over my head, so I'm also trying to play catch up.