bluehash

[Group Buy-8][C]NRF24L01+ Wireless Transceiver Module - ~$2

PS- When I get the boards (should be soon), I am going to populate the Q1/Q2 transistors for the LEDs so folks don't have to mess with ordering those. Not changing the price of the boards at all (the transistors cost all of 5 cents a piece anyway), and that way folks only need to supply SMD resistors and LEDs to get the SPI and nRF IRQ status LEDs working.

I'd like to know the range of those guys and the pins they use (P2.0, P2.1, P2.2, P1.6 and P1.7 only for MSP430G2553, right?) and if there's any code working for strings being transmitted over RF, if possible.

Edit: I won't buy nothing for now. My credit card is already on its limit :smile:

I'd like to know the range of those guys and the pins they use (P2.0, P2.1, P2.2, P1.6 and P1.7 only for MSP430G2553, right?) and if there's any code working for strings being transmitted over RF, if possible.

Edit: I won't buy nothing for now. My credit card is already on its limit :smile:

I'm currently getting about 30ft through multiple walls with a lot of metal near the receiving end at the minimum bitrate/max transmit power... in open air it can go a lot further as I understand it. It's 2.4GHz RF, and only 1mW power at its max, so you can't expect too much but it's functional enough that I can have sensors just outside my house reach a single base station.

The BoosterPack I designed defaults to using the USCI_B setup for G2553, with solder jumpers that can be cut and unconnected solder jumpers below that can be shorted to set it up for USI's pinout for G2xx2/G2xx1 chips. The "CE, CSN, IRQ" pins default to P2.0/P2.1/P2.2, but again, using solder jumpers that can be cut--and pads broken out for those functions which can be jumpered to breakout pads just inside the LP headers so you can custom assign them to whichever you like.

More details on that here: http://forum.43oh.co...ack/#entry23390

The board in that post is the final design, includes status LEDs to show you the SPI I/O and nRF IRQ activations.

I'm currently getting about 30ft through multiple walls with a lot of metal near the receiving end at the minimum bitrate/max transmit power... in open air it can go a lot further as I understand it. It's 2.4GHz RF, and only 1mW power at its max, so you can't expect too much but it's functional enough that I can have sensors just outside my house reach a single base station.

The BoosterPack I designed defaults to using the USCI_B setup for G2553, with solder jumpers that can be cut and unconnected solder jumpers below that can be shorted to set it up for USI's pinout for G2xx2/G2xx1 chips. The "CE, CSN, IRQ" pins default to P2.0/P2.1/P2.2, but again, using solder jumpers that can be cut--and pads broken out for those functions which can be jumpered to breakout pads just inside the LP headers so you can custom assign them to whichever you like.

More details on that here: http://forum.43oh.co...ack/#entry23390

The board in that post is the final design, includes status LEDs to show you the SPI I/O and nRF IRQ activations.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm looking for more range (300ft+). I tried to use an AIR BoosterPack but it'll use more pins than I need. I'll change for APC220s.

Friends,

I am new to this forum, just found about this interesting wireless module for MSP430, I am from Germany, I would like to have,

8 boards, 8 modules+header.

Not sure how payment and shipping works in this group ordering.

Albert.

Friends,

I am new to this forum, just found about this interesting wireless module for MSP430, I am from Germany, I would like to have,

8 boards, 8 modules+header.

Not sure how payment and shipping works in this group ordering.

Albert.

Just FYI we only have 4 of the boosterpack boards left for ya, and then that's it... I intend to order more but I doubt they'll be here in time (maybe do another GB for these if there's interest once a new batch of boosterpacks come in)