Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

CCS v5 Licensing Options

post-37977-135135568723_thumb.png

I could use your help right now.

I own three TI Dev Kits and i want to use all of them with CCS, and I'm struggling to choose the right license.

I want to develop with MSP430 and Stellaris (Launchpad, Stellaris Launchpad, ez430 Stick).

What license do you usually choose? I'm irritated that the FREE LICENSE does not support ez430.

Does it support MSP430 at all? What's the point of the code limeted MSP430 version?

I would really appreciate some advice ;)

What you're buying for $500 is the compiler.

You might want to check if Free, code-limited CCS for Stellaris has an acceptable code limit. For MSP430, I remember that it was 16KB, which is more KB than MSP430 launchpads even have.

Or you wait for TI to have another $1 deal on CCS. I've got both 4 and 5 licensed. $2. I can't even count all the dev boards I have anymore... I had to clean them off my desk so I could play with something yesterday.. The code limit really sucks when you need to go beyond it.

Or you wait for TI to have another $1 deal on CCS.

If you notice this come up again, would you please post in the deals forum? I've never hit the limit, but would be nice not to have a limit. :smile: