43oh

[Group Buy-7]IV-18 VFD Clock - $20

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update!   Tayda------ Received Tubes------ Received Mouser----- Order placed PCB-------- Passed customs

To estimate switch and inductor current:   (Output Voltage / Input Voltage) * Output Current * 2   That will give a reasonable derated value.   The size of the inductor does not determine the cu

In this environment, we're experimenting. There are no guarantees or warranties. I am glad the community found this problem before it baffled me.   I think it would be fair to run this as another

Posted Images

Update:

So all the parts are segregated:

WP_002478.jpg

Some issues with Tayda:

1. 4 of one of the resistors are missing.

2. On the piezo, one of the handles on three are broken. They were like that during shipping. Unfortunately someone will get that, unless we reorder stuff. I'll try asking them to send more. It looks like no biggie though, but yes, it's broken

WP_002477.jpg

3. Instead of shipping the 2x10 female header, Tayda shipped 2x20. Separating them to 2x10 is going to be a pain. Should I leave it this way?

Boxes will be shipped during the course of this week. So stay tuned.

BH - I've got extras of the resistors. Let me know what you need and I can send them your way (you can omit them from my kit as well, so you'll only need 2). I unfortunately don't have extras of the Piezo buzzer. I'll be glad to take two of the broken ones in my kits.

Headers - There are extras of each included with each kit - it would have been a pain to track down the exact size (and more expensive). They can just trim to what they need and keep the rest for another project. Males have extra pins as well, although they're obviously easier to break apart.

Some issues with Tayda:

1. 4 of one of the resistors are missing.

2. On the piezo, one of the handles on three are broken. They were like that during shipping. Unfortunately someone will get that, unless we reorder stuff. I'll try asking them to send more. It looks like no biggie though, but yes, it's broken

1. I have a large assortment of resistors, so I'm okay if you omit them from my kits.

2. I'll take one of the broken peizos (I'd like one good one for my desk clock at work :D ).