Sign in to follow this  
Indian_villager

Issue Uploading

Hello there.

I'm new to the whole programming bit and I was hoping to use this project to get started. I originally had an arduino in mind but saw the MSP430 and opted for it. I am attempting to get this boat off the shore by using the energia interface. I am on windows 7 and am running into this issue when I try to upload the blink sketch to the MSP430g2231

"C:\Users\(MY NAME)\Desktop\Energia\Energi~1|Hardware\Tools\MSP430\Bin\MSP430-g++". CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified.

I checked that directory and the file is there. An help?

Regards,

I had the same problem with the missing file after a default install. I had no spaces, but after reading these posts, I took out the dashes. It worked! Thanks!!

Hello, i'm still trying to fix this issue on Energia. I put my file inside c\Energia\ removed '-'  i even tried to rename the file into "ENERG?~1" but no luck so far. I don't think there is any file path in preferences.txt either, any ideas? 

Edit: Using ver 0101E0009 which should be the latest version according to the official website.

Edited by bariscan

You must be kidding that nowadays windows is still clinging to the shared namespace for short and long filenames! If you have anything ~ like (Energi~1) try reinstalling until you have no ~ in the name anymore. This might not fix the issue, but if you have ~ in the name something is wrong. Microsoft added this in windows 95 and ever since we switched to ntfs (windows xp for most people) we should have totally abandoned the shoft filenames.

I fixed this issue with just the folder name as `energia`. But the real important part was that there is a properties on control panel about languages which is on The part Region and languages -> Administrative that selects the Current language for non-unicode programs. I changed it into English(United States) and i got rid of every non-unicode characters. Hope this can help for others until a fix released :)

I had the same problem; the fix wasn't a "-", a " ", or the language.  My install path is "D:\Programming\energia".  There's only one language installed and active in the language list, which is "English(United States)".  The full message was:

Cannot run program "D:\PROGRA~1\ENERGIA\HARDWARE\TOOLS\MSP430\BIN\msp430-g++": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

I moved the Energia folder to the root level of D: (i.e. I removed the "PROGRA~1" from the path)  and it worked.  This is a work around.  I would like to be able to organize my drive more to my liking, specifically get 'Energia' back into 'Programming'.  I already have CCS installed via a Windows installer to that 'Programming' folder, so I suspect modifying that folder's name (shortening it) would break that install.

I'm on a Win8 x64 machine, a recent Intel Ivy Bridge Dell laptop.  Energia 0101E0009.

Roadrunner, it's my understanding that windows preserves the xxxxxx~1 the names just for backwards compatibility for old software that expects it.  That said, even though it's unattractive, it should still function.  My guess is that one part of Energia is using one system, and another part is using the other - something is getting lost in translation internal to Energia.