43oh

2.2" Color LCD Booster Pack with Touch

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am working on a new color LCD booster pack featuring 2.2" display. The board will work with two types of displays, one with touch screen and one without. TSC2046/ADS7846 controller or MCU's analog

Another test, this time some simple on/off buttons. Once I polish this a little, I will add it to GitHub so that users can contribute.  

If you're tight on budget, a cheap solution to using SD cards is soldering a  7 pin male header directly to the pins of a microSD-to-SD adapter. You can insert microSD cards just as you'd do normally.

Posted Images

I have an MSP430G2553 device. How do I know if I can use it with your LCD display? Is there a certain type of pin I need to have enough of? Or a certain capability the controller must have?

The 2.2" booster pack was created specifically for MSP430 LaunchPad. My example code was written for G2553.

Are the schematics available? Thanks!

Yes, will post them in the wiki section very soon.

Lights Out game example, this time using TSC controller.

attachicon.giflotsc.jpg

attachicon.gifcolor.hattachicon.gifmain.c

cool. :thumbup:

remind me of window

Hi Rob,

I'm trying to use this code with the BoosterPack. Should it work when I compile it along-side the code found here: http://forum.43oh.com/topic/1956-universal-color-lcd-graphics-library/#entry23618

Everything compiles, but nothing appears on the screen. Just the default backlit lights up... Any insight would be awesome!

Thanks!

Adrian

Hi Rob,

I'm trying to use this code with the BoosterPack. Should it work when I compile it along-side the code found here: http://forum.43oh.com/topic/1956-universal-color-lcd-graphics-library/#entry23618

Everything compiles, but nothing appears on the screen. Just the default backlit lights up... Any insight would be awesome!

Thanks!

Adrian

Adrian,

you need to comment out the HX8340B as follows in the colorLCD.h file and enable the ILI9225B driver inits.

// #define HX8340B

#define ILI9225B

hope this helps,

Pete

Hi RobG and Rei,

First up, thanks for your awesome work on this. Outstanding.

Please forgive me, if I have something wrong but my noob status is pretty strong with respect to launchpad.

I downloaded the energia library and it compiled and uploaded ok. The screen shows just like Rei's demo screenshot but without the hand drawn 43oh.

I moved my finger across the screen and nothing happened. The demo is supposed to draw isnt it?

I can edit the example code to get it to write anything I want on the screen, but the touch side of things appears to not work.

Looking at Rob's post above (#84) I thought maybe I had one of the earlier boards as I got mine direct from RobG.

So I edited "LCD22_touch.cpp" as follows

#if defined(__MSP430G2553__) // LaunchPad MSP430G2553 specific
LCD22_Touch::LCD22_Touch() {
    LCD22_Touch(P1_0,    // Screen Chip Select
                P1_5,    // Serial Clock
                P1_7,    // Serial Data
                P1_4,    // Data/Command
                P2_2,	 // Touch Chip Select <==== Changed as per forum post
//              P2_1,	 // Touch Chip Select <==== Original Code
                P2_3);   // Reset
}
#elif defined(__LM4F120H5QR__) // StellarPad LM4F specific
LCD22_Touch::LCD22_Touch() {
    LCD22_Touch(PB_5,    // LCD Chip Select
                PB_4,    // Serial Clock
                PB_7,    // Serial Data
                PE_5,    // Data/Command
//                PA_6,    // Touch Chip Select <==== Original Code
                PA_7,    // Touch Chip Select <==== Changed as per forum post
                PA_2); 	 // Reset
}

Still no go on touch side of things.

Any hints to get this going ?

Thanks

PTB

@PTB

You're welcome!

Yes, the 43oh on the screen is done with touch. Pressing Quit on the red box exits.

Which LaunchPad are you using: MSP430 or Stellaris-based?

Which kind of SPI are you using: hardware or software?

By default, hardware SPI is selected. The switch is done line 81 of LCD22_Touch.h

///
/// @brief        Hardware SPI selector
/// @details      Comment the line to use software SPI, slower
/// @n            Uncomment the line to use hardware SPI, faster
///
#define HARDWARE_SPI

Software SPI works fine for the screen but there's an issue with the shiftIn() function used in getTouch(). So touch doesn't work with software SPI. 

Now, hardware SPI should work fine for both the screen and the touch.  

Try using a greater divider for the hardware SPI, for example SPI_CLOCK_DIV8 or SPI_CLOCK_DIV16 on line 131 and 138 of LCD22_Touch.cpp:

SPI.setClockDivider(SPI_CLOCK_DIV16);

as the touch controller's clock has to be lower than 2 MHz.

On the StellarPad only, there's a trick to have the rectangle displayed completely. The last command for the screen seems to be lost when polling the touch controller.

Hi RobG and Rei,

I'll cut to the chase.... It's working ! On both stellarpad and G2553.  Thanks heaps guys.

IMG_6299_zps7bc64b3c.jpg

Rob,

No, I hadn't tried your code yet, but I plan to. Too cool not to. Still coming to grips with CCS.

Rei,

I got it working by changing Pins as suggested by Rob and by adding your line

#define HARDWARE_SPI

Although the existing file structure didnt seem to exactly match your description. Different version ?

I dropped it in @ line 69.

Just FYI.....This is the working code after editing

////// @mainpage	LCD22_Touch Library////// @details 	Library for LCD22_Touch with Nokia 7110 display/// @n		Based on Color LCD graphics library by RobG for Color LCD Booster Pack by RobG////// @n		Uses GLCD fonts/// @n @a	Developed with [embedXcode](http://embedXcode.weebly.com)////// @author	Rei VILO/// @author	embedXcode.weebly.com/// @date	Feb 05, 2013/// @version	105////// @copyright