43oh

2.2" Color LCD Booster Pack with Touch

I am working on a new color LCD booster pack featuring 2.2" display.

The board will work with two types of displays, one with touch screen and one without.

TSC2046/ADS7846 controller or MCU's analog inputs can be used to process touch events.

I expect some issues with the touch display since the spec sheet that was given to me is incorrect. As you can see on the image, only center LED is lit, indicating wrong connections or bad unit. Will have to sort it out.

As for the software, support for those two will be added to my color LCD library. I might need a volunteer to write touch functions (short on free time.)

post-197-135135565474_thumb.jpeg

post-197-135135565479_thumb.jpeg

post-197-135135565484_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am working on a new color LCD booster pack featuring 2.2" display. The board will work with two types of displays, one with touch screen and one without. TSC2046/ADS7846 controller or MCU's analog

Another test, this time some simple on/off buttons. Once I polish this a little, I will add it to GitHub so that users can contribute.  

If you're tight on budget, a cheap solution to using SD cards is soldering a  7 pin male header directly to the pins of a microSD-to-SD adapter. You can insert microSD cards just as you'd do normally.

Posted Images

2.2" SPI Interface TFT LCD Module 176 x 20 Dots 262K Colors HX8340B

2.2" SPI Interface TFT LCD + Touch Panel 176 x 220 Dots 262K Colors

The second display (the one with touch panel) doesn't have correct datasheet. I have asked the seller to provide the proper one, they drew 4 more pins on the diagram which is still incorrect.

Got the second display working now, the one with touch panel! I can finish my BP PCB now.

As it turns out, on top of other issues already mentioned, the display is configured to use D/C signal and 8 bit SPI (datasheet says to pull DC pin up or down, suggesting 9 bit SPI.)

BTW, the picture doesn't show how nice this display is

post-197-135135567322_thumb.jpg

Got the second display working now, the one with touch panel! I can finish my BP PCB now.

As it turns out, on top of other issues already mentioned, the display is configured to use D/C signal and 8 bit SPI (datasheet says to pull DC pin up or down, suggesting 9 bit SPI.)

BTW, the picture doesn't show how nice this display is

[attachment=0]DSC_0729.jpg[/attachment]

Pic looks good! Can't wait for the boosterpack. Any luck with the touch sensitivity yet? Any chance you know what technology it uses?