43oh

2553 serial support...

I had a quick play with energia the other day, and it's a great tool! Congratulations and thanks to the team!

One problem I had though, using the example "AnalogReadSerial" code, it wouldn't work with a 2553 in the LP if I set my device to 2553. If I set the device as a 2231 it happily spits ADC values over serial, but any other device doesn't (I had a 2553 in the LP at all times).

Is there something obvious I've missed?

Are the UART jumpers set to HW positions like the picture below, assuming a v1.5 LP board? 2553 uses build-in hardware serial, 2231 uses software serial, and the jumpers need to be set accordingly.. For pre-1.5 board i think there is a need to cross over the RX and TX for the HW uart to work.. i haven't tried pre-1.5 board, but the positions of jumper below works ok with the AnalogReadSerial example on a v1.5 board with a 2553.

post-2970-135135563943_thumb.jpg

Is there something obvious I've missed?

Yup!

Thanks pine, all my LP's are pre 1.5, with jumpers in standard config. so that is almost certainly the problem (makes sense if energia does SW UART for 2231).

Funny thing is, at the price for a LP, I'd rather buy a new board than knock up the jumper adapters needed. These Launchpads are encouraging me to wasteful!