Sign in to follow this  
Nytblade

16K code limit in IDE or Compiler?

I am curious when you have the 16K code limited license, is that checked by CCS or for the compiler itself?

In other words, if I call the compiler from the command line (like you would GCC), can I get around the code size limit?

In case you are wondering why I am asking... I was thinking of creating a Makefile that would compile my code with both MSPGCC and TI CC, so that I could get different error messages from each. I've found that sometimes one compiler will catch a bug in my code that the other compiler didn't, so it would be nice if I could just automatically build using both to get all the possible error messages. I don't want to waste my time doing it though if I can't compile more than 16 kb of code.

Not without some effort. I believe the older CCS versions generated COFF and the newer ones ELF, but mspgcc's binutils ELF implementation will be using relocation tags and other information that wouldn't be present in anything generated by CCS.