43oh

ENC28J60 Booster

This Booster has already shown its face in viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3074 and viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2581.

So here are some more pictures and the schematics. Nothing fancy, but my first PCB I actually got made :-):

Board (rev 2):

post-2106-135135563123_thumb.png

Schematics (rev 2):

post-2106-135135563132_thumb.png

PCB with ENC28J60 (rev 1):

post-2106-135135563407_thumb.jpg

Assembled mounted on Launchpad (rev 1):

post-2106-135135563419_thumb.jpg

Main change between rev 1 and 2 is that the SPI connections are correct. Also the power traces are thicker.

The RJ-45 mag jack is a cheap one I got on E-bay for 2 USD. If I end up using this board heavily, there are two changes I would make for a new revision: First, extend it over the Emulation-area, rather than the switches and leds. Second, the reset-line of the ENC28J60 is tied to the reset-line of the Launchpad. While that does save a pin, it makes it impossible to use a debugger :oops: .

• 7 months later...

Hello!

where do you order the PCB?

You can buy one from me if you are interested. Just PM me and we'll work something out. I have a newer version, which I have written about on the Stellarisiti forum: http://forum.stellarisiti.com/topic/287-enc28j60-booster-pack/page-5#entry2340

Please bear in mind that with the current value-line series I have only made the booster work with my own IPv6-only stack.

With higher-end MSP430s (or the new value-line) it should be possible to get working with the uIP or lwIP stacks, but I haven't gotten around to try that yet.

Cheers,

Paul

You can buy one from me if you are interested. Just PM me and we'll work something out. I have a newer version, which I have written about on the Stellarisiti forum: http://forum.stellarisiti.com/topic/287-enc28j60-booster-pack/page-5#entry2340

Please bear in mind that with the current value-line series I have only made the booster work with my own IPv6-only stack.

With higher-end MSP430s (or the new value-line) it should be possible to get working with the uIP or lwIP stacks, but I haven't gotten around to try that yet.

Cheers,

Paul

I think about buy one, but i prefer stelaris than msp430.

Also, my question wasnt about final PCB, i make question about how to order PCB, what PCB manufacturer you use?

I think about buy one, but i prefer stelaris than msp430.

Also, my question wasnt about final PCB, i make question about how to order PCB, what PCB manufacturer you use?

Ahh, sorry. I misunderstood your question.

I get my PCBs made at Seeed Studio, but other members of this forum are using other vendors. I have only had good experiences with Seeed Studio. They are cheap, relatively quick and I haven't had a single issue with any of the PCBs I have made with them (3 or 4, can't remember).

Cheers,

Paul