43oh

[S]IV-18 VFD Clock Booster Pack

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Success!   The only issue so far - I flipped the header for the plug-in board for the tube in the schematic and didn't flip it on the PCB. Had to solder it on the other side, no big deal.   I'm c

Update - demo video recorded and added to first post!

Whaaaa, 22 ohms isn't the same as 22k? *smackface*  

Posted Images

No, the Rsc was omitted - it's not mandatory - it's there to prevent over-current.

The 22ohm resistor is a current limiting resistor for the 5v filament on the tube.

I'm thinking about ordering some of the inductors that oPossum suggested - they're definitely within the specs that we'd need - I need to look at the specs to see if the legs would be long enough to reach the holes since they're pretty far apart for the large axial inductor.

I can do a group buy for these:

http://www.mouser.co...2-RLB0914-680KL

and some standard tactile switches if you guys like.

I think it would end up at about $1.50 for an inductor and two switches shipped first class USPS (US only, sorry) in a regular envelope (with some kind of padding). I already have about 50 switches I can spare, so I could do about 25 sets. I can order more inductors than that, but leaving the switches out wouldn't really drop the cost (since I already have them).

Any interest?

I can do a group buy for these:

http://www.mouser.co...2-RLB0914-680KL

and some standard tactile switches if you guys like.

I think it would end up at about $1.50 for an inductor and two switches shipped first class USPS (US only, sorry) in a regular envelope (with some kind of padding). I already have about 50 switches I can spare, so I could do about 25 sets. I can order more inductors than that, but leaving the switches out wouldn't really drop the cost (since I already have them).

Any interest?

Good if you can do it. I suggested one here. One thing you need to think about is that you will have to write 20 to.from addresses.

I'm in.

One thing you need to think about is that you will have to write 20 to.from addresses.

Meh. I'm fine with that.

I'm in.

Let's do this right. I'm going to split up the parts, in case someone, like I do, has a bunch of tactile switches laying around and doesn't need them.

$1.50 for an inductor shipped USPS in a regular envelope. You may have two switches free, if you need them.

NAME			 INDUCTORS			 SWITCHES
bluehash               1				  2

EDIT: Inductors ordered from Mouser just now to speed turn-around (and because I want my clock working!).

Hey guys - sorry for the absence. I posted on the GB thread about switches. The new mouser parts should work - based on the formula oPossum provided, we need 800mA (based on 40mA needed by the tube) - and the inductor is rated for much more. I'll have to update the board to use the different inductor for future batches.

Many thanks to GD for working on the group by!