43oh

[S]IV-18 VFD Clock Booster Pack

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Success!   The only issue so far - I flipped the header for the plug-in board for the tube in the schematic and didn't flip it on the PCB. Had to solder it on the other side, no big deal.   I'm c

Update - demo video recorded and added to first post!

Whaaaa, 22 ohms isn't the same as 22k? *smackface*  

Posted Images

Ah - good point. There are three pins in the tube that aren't connected anywhere. They line up with the "NC" pins on the silk. There are some great instructions on Lady Ada's site here: http://www.ladyada.net/make/icetube/solder.html. It's pretty far down the page, but they're really detailed. I'll post some pictures tomorrow morning too.

You definitely don't want to end up a pin off - that would be bad and a big pain to fix.

Ah - good point. There are three pins in the tube that aren't connected anywhere. They line up with the "NC" pins on the silk. There are some great instructions on Lady Ada's site here: http://www.ladyada.net/make/icetube/solder.html. It's pretty far down the page, but they're really detailed. I'll post some pictures tomorrow morning too.

You definitely don't want to end up a pin off - that would be bad and a big pain to fix.

I think we have a switch problem, which I think can be solved. The PCB footprint has 4 legs. The push button has two legs in the middle and they don't line up.

In the brd file, I'm unable to see where the other side is hooked up to.

Capture.PNG

I'm still investigating. I'll get my multi and report.

Edit:

Looks ok. Align your switches like the blow snap:

switch.jpg

I'll get a quick assembly tutorial put together tomorrow.

This would help greatly.

I remember in v1.0 of the board you had to mount the jumpers on the opposite side due to a schematic/board mismatch. For the new v1.1 boards, is it correct to mount the jumpers under the tube, or on the opposite side of the board (as the early photos show)? :think:

I'm going to spend Sunday building mine. :D

Ooops.. I white smoked mine.

Things to take care off:

1- Put the ICs down first. Looks up the schematic to orient the larger one correctly.

2- Make sure you put the header on the small board on the correct side. I missed out on seeing the text "header goes here".

Also, remember to wire up the 5v from TP1 on the LP.

Ooops.. I white smoked mine.

The tube, or the cheap/replaceable parts?

2- Make sure you put the header on the small board on the correct side. I missed out on seeing the text "header goes here".

Holy crap, that is some small text! I'm guessing it says the header should stick out opposite the tube?

BTW: Thanks for the N/C alignment tip, Cube. I think I had my tube aligned one pin off. Did you design it so the display is slightly off vertical?