43oh

[S]IV-18 VFD Clock Booster Pack

Success!

The only issue so far - I flipped the header for the plug-in board for the tube in the schematic and didn't flip it on the PCB. Had to solder it on the other side, no big deal.

I'm continuing to work on the software - didn't get much time this weekend unfortunately. But it's far enough along that I'll start a projects thread with the software progress. Hopefully I'll be able to do a demo video tonight or tomorrow night.

post-6158-135135565778_thumb.jpg

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Success!   The only issue so far - I flipped the header for the plug-in board for the tube in the schematic and didn't flip it on the PCB. Had to solder it on the other side, no big deal.   I'm c

Update - demo video recorded and added to first post!

Whaaaa, 22 ohms isn't the same as 22k? *smackface*  

Posted Images

Thanks GeekDoc/BlueHash! It's not quite a nixie - but I think it turned out very nice.

Here's a link to the tubes in the seller's store - gordelux04. The ones I received have nothing behind the segments, but I'd suggest checking with the seller to make sure they're all like that. I think they look much nicer

Examples:

Black background

No background

Ok - original post updated with V1.1 boards and schematics. Footprint for the DS18B20 is now correct. Seed order # removed from the silk screen (oddly enough - they just added it themselves again anyway). Changed the date and version number.

For the PCB's - I think Blue goes with the tube better.

BTW - not sure if you always stick with Seeed, but I did notice that ITead's color service is $15/10 instead of $20/10.