Sign in to follow this  
energia

New Energia release 0101E0008 - 08/06/2012

After 3 months of hard work by the Energia team, Energia release 0101E0008 - 08/06/201 it is finally here! A full list of new features and bug fixes can be found in the release notes posted here: https://github.com/energia/Energia/wiki/Release-Notes.

The release is available for download @ https://github.com/energia/Energia/downloads.

Thanks to all the users of Energia for supporting us and providing us with invaluable feedback!

Thanks to the Energia team members @RickKimball, @rei-vilo, @pbrier, @clyvb, @pasky, @stsongas, @soojinhan and @blue for all the hard work and making this possible.

Special thanks to @bluehash letting us host the forum here on 43oh to support the Energia users.

Enjoy the new release!

- Robert

Thanks for the report. I was able to reproduce it. You will see this error if the folder in which Energia resides has a lot of spaces. To work around this, copy the Energia folder to the "c:\Programs Files" or c:\ folder.

I have weird problems with 0101E0008. It is installed in c:\dev\0101E0008 and 0101E0006 installed in c:\dev\0101E0006. version 0101E0008 works great until I delete 0101E0006. Then 0101E0008 can't find the compiler. It starts working fine if I restore version 0101E0006 to its previous location.

Also copy HTML doesn't work in 0101E0008 but does work for 0101E0006.

Can you past the output of the console for both working and not working situation?

You can enable verbose compilation by checking "Show verbose output during compilation" in the preferences (File->Preferences).

The problem is in the way path names get truncated and referenced. A directory with c:\dev\energia-0101E0006 and c:\dev\energia-0101E0008 has alternative names c:\dev\Energi~1 and c:\dev\Energi~2 (I think the second one is ~2). They are assigned the shortened names in the order they were created in the parent folder, c:\dev in this case. When I compile with 0101E0008 it actually runs the following which actually runs the code in 0101E0006.

C:\DEV\ENERGI~1\HARDWARE\TOOLS\MSP430\BIN\msp430-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=msp430g2553 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=101 -DENERGIA=8 -IC:\dev\energia-0101E0008\hardware\msp430\cores\msp430 -IC:\dev\energia-0101E0008\hardware\msp430\variants\launchpad C:\Users\joe\AppData\Local\Temp\build3212920642439510589.tmp\CheapIndicatorLight.cpp -o C:\Users\joe\AppData\Local\Temp\build3212920642439510589.tmp\CheapIndicatorLight.cpp.o 

When I delete 0101E0006, there is no directory aliased to ENERGI~1.

I fixed it by moving both versions to the trash can and then restoring 0101E0008. That made it be ENERGI~1 and both compilation and HTML copy work fine.

Thanks blue! Energia is spreading :-) slowly but surely.

The TI reps at Open Source Hardware Summit had good things to say about Energia. They sounded very positive about it. :D

I have tried pretty hard to find the following, but my search engine mojo is just too lame:

Is there a list of all the core Arduino functions and libraries that now work in Energia (or the ones that are yet to be implimented)?

Is there a list of all the example menu sketches that are (or are not) currently supported?

Having both these things on the wiki would be very helpful to a newbie like me.

"energia" cannot running and saying

"wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch) thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver"

when I run Mint-Debian 64-bits version, with lib32(ia32-libs) installed.

but I can running "arduino" without problem.

then try running "energia" on 32-bits Mint-Debian, it work.