$4.99 Stellaris (Cortex-M4) LaunchPad

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FYI: Some kind of self-promotion I modified my stellaris Launchpad to work with a single-cell LiPo battery. Turned out that there is some kind of research involved, instead of just plugging it in.

OK, let's get to work...  

Hi there!   Good news. $4.99 Stellaris (Cortex-M4) LaunchPad coming soon!   http://www.ti.com/ww/en/launchpad_site/ ... -launchpad

Posted Images

O lawd look at them specs. 256K flash, 32K ram, 1MSPS 12 bit ADC. How the heck are lowly micro controllers meant to compete with that?

Lol, I guess the lowly 16-bitters have PDIP form factor and easy solderability (0.65mm pitch for SMD versions) at their advantage.... anyone know what package that chip comes in? 0.65mm or 0.50mm pitch?

O lawd look at them specs. 256K flash, 32K ram, 1MSPS 12 bit ADC. How the heck are lowly micro controllers meant to compete with that?

Lol, I guess the lowly 16-bitters have PDIP form factor and easy solderability (0.65mm pitch for SMD versions) at their advantage.... anyone know what package that chip comes in? 0.65mm or 0.50mm pitch?

Looks like a 0.5mm pitch according to the product page.

Tssop, .65mm, not even half of the pdip 1mm pitch.

• 3 weeks later...

http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontroll ... spx#748923

3) We do not have a set timeline for the end of the promotional pricing period. The promotional price will continue past September 25th. The promotional price is not tied to a specific number of units sold. We do not yet have a price range in mind should the price adjust at any point. We will keep the price as low as possible.

post-1702-135135566946_thumb.png