Sign in to follow this  
alsenin

$4.99 Stellaris (Cortex-M4) LaunchPad

O lawd look at them specs. 256K flash, 32K ram, 1MSPS 12 bit ADC. How the heck are lowly micro controllers meant to compete with that?

O lawd look at them specs. 256K flash, 32K ram, 1MSPS 12 bit ADC. How the heck are lowly micro controllers meant to compete with that?

Lol, I guess the lowly 16-bitters have PDIP form factor and easy solderability (0.65mm pitch for SMD versions) at their advantage.... anyone know what package that chip comes in? 0.65mm or 0.50mm pitch?

Lol, I guess the lowly 16-bitters have PDIP form factor and easy solderability (0.65mm pitch for SMD versions) at their advantage.... anyone know what package that chip comes in? 0.65mm or 0.50mm pitch?

Looks like a 0.5mm pitch according to the product page.

Tssop, .65mm, not even half of the pdip 1mm pitch.

Lots of projects out there that don't require a lot of that. Heck, I've got projects that don't even use 512 bytes of program memory or half the 128 bytes of ram! lol

Got a note today that mine won't ship until November. Anyone else?

I got an estimated shipping date of 10/10 so I'd say the interest is larger than they previously though.

http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontroll ... spx#748923

3) We do not have a set timeline for the end of the promotional pricing period. The promotional price will continue past September 25th. The promotional price is not tied to a specific number of units sold. We do not yet have a price range in mind should the price adjust at any point. We will keep the price as low as possible.

post-1702-135135566946_thumb.png

Wow.. have you noticed from that the price is now $12.99... and still marked as a promotional price. Im glad I got my order in when I did..

Still a good price though.. just not as good as $5