juani_c

Stellaris LaunchPad

it worked for me, but the first time i tried it, there wasn't even a 'Add to cart' button.

you have to use the eStore link i provided above. If there is no order button, my best guess is that they are slowly activating it for different countries.

Thanks for the help, i just tried again and still cant... The button is there. Logged out estore and ok. So i think it is like last time with the rf product and piccolo launchpad with geographic or country limitation.

Thnaks again.

Curious if it'd be easy to hack on extra memory/flash to this? I didn't see a Memory boosterpack for the MSP430 so I thought I'd ask.

Wondering if uclinix can be installed on this board but that would need 1-2MB of memory and 1-2MB of flash...

My LogicBoost booster can be used as a 32 to 192 k byte memory add-on for the MSP430 Launchpad. Just leave off the buffer chip and use 1 to 6 of the SPI RAM chips.

Do these show up in part of the memory space or do you have to do special memory access sequences to use it?

For uclinux to work properly, the memory has to show up in the memory space of the CortexM4...

My LogicBoost booster can be used as a 32 to 192 k byte memory add-on for the MSP430 Launchpad. Just leave off the buffer chip and use 1 to 6 of the SPI RAM chips.

Do these show up in part of the memory space or do you have to do special memory access sequences to use it?

For uclinux to work properly, the memory has to show up in the memory space of the CortexM4...

They are accessed with SPI, so really only useful for data storage.

I don't think there is any practical way to extend the executable memory of the Cortex chips. All of them seem to be microcontrollers with internal memory and no way to expose the internal address and data busses.

Thanks for the help, i just tried again and still cant... The button is there. Logged out estore and ok. So i think it is like last time with the rf product and piccolo launchpad with geographic or country limitation.

Thnaks again.

Ok finally able to order one (actually two) with a new estore account.. hope the order will be alright ;)

UPDATED 5 hours after placing order with new account : order cancelled by TI unfortunately.. " ** Your order has been cancelled or invalidated" :oops:

The estore order page showing status of "ECCN or restricted SKU" so it probably confirms hidden export restrictions the product page never mention :oops:

UPDATED 2 months after placing order with new account : yesterday (9 Nov) tried again to place order with my original account, and it seems to be ok! The nice little Stellaris LaunchPad finally willing to jump into my cart :)

I don't think there is any practical way to extend the executable memory of the Cortex chips. All of them seem to be microcontrollers with internal memory and no way to expose the internal address and data busses.

The datasheet mentions external RAM / external SRAM in a couple of places but it doesn't seem to have pins with that function.

Emailed TI's tech support and the reply I got was that external flash/RAM had to be connected via I2C or SPI. Unless there's a memory controller onboard that can translate these accesses under the covers, I don't see how this can show up in the Stellaris executable memory space :-P

Looks like only the Moto Kinetis and STM32F4 can be used for uclinux :-(

FYI, I asked about memory hooked through I2C/SPI and the processor doing the access under the covers...

===================

You are correct with respect to memory mapping a peripheral. The Stellaris MCU that is on the Stellaris Launchpad does not have the proper peripheral. In the Stellaris world, this is typically called the External Peripheral Interface. This interface is present on some members of the LM3S family but at current, there are no members of the LM4F family that have an EPI peripheral so for seamless integration of external memory via a memory mapped peripheral, unfortunately the LM4F family is not yet capable.

Hi,

I just thought to share this tiny bit of info with you guys... ;)

Yesterday I received two pieces of Stellaris-Launchpad. I had ordered them about 1

post-29846-0-60337200-1355214973_thumb.png