43oh

Programming Hangs on Linux

Gave the binary distro linked above in this thread a quick trial on a VirtuaBox VM at my office. (Only have access to VirtualBox VM here. My machine at home is a bare-metal, non-virtualized install).

Fails compile looking for libgmp.so.3. My system is Ubuntu 11.10. Here's the message get from the attempted compile:

/home/jerry/Downloads/energia-0101E0008/hardware/tools/msp430/bin/../libexec/gcc/msp430/4.6.3/cc1plus: error while loading shared libraries: libgmp.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

jerry@jerry-VirtualBox:~/Downloads/energia-0101E0008$ find / -name "libgmp*" 2>/dev/null

/usr/lib/libgmp.so.10

/usr/lib/libgmp.so.10.0.1

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/openssl-1.0.0/engines/libgmp.so

/usr/share/doc/libgmp10

/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgmp10.shlibs

/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgmp10.postinst

/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgmp10.md5sums

/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgmp10.list

/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgmp10.postrm

jerry@jerry-VirtualBox:~/Downloads/energia-0101E0008$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

jerry@jerry-VirtualBox:~/Downloads/energia-0101E0008$ find . -name "*.so*" 2>/dev/null | more

./hardware/tools/msp430/libexec/gcc/msp430/4.6.3/liblto_plugin.so

./hardware/tools/msp430/libexec/gcc/msp430/4.6.3/liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0

./hardware/tools/msp430/libexec/gcc/msp430/4.6.3/liblto_plugin.so.0

./lib/librxtxSerial.so

./lib/librxtxSerial64.so

jerry@jerry-VirtualBox:~/Downloads/energia-0101E0008$

Should I forge a symlink from libgmp.so.3 to libgmp.so.10, for instance? Any suggestions welcomed.

Update: Forging the following symlink gets a compile of blink to complete in the env decribed above:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`

ln -s /usr/lib/libgmp.so.10 `pwd`/libgmp.so.3

Not sure if I will be able to upload the generated program in the VM however.

Thanks. I made a local symlink but the method in your post above is probably cleaner. In any event, linking the newer libgmp to the 3.0 version works to get compiling to work. My attempt to download the sketch hung, but I believe that is because of the funky virualization of the relevant USB device by VirtualBox. Is there anything I can look at in the generated elf file to see if the compilation looks OK? I will give this a try directly on the Linux H/W this evening as well.