43oh

ez430 case removal

So, I got this ez430 at the beginning of the semester but never got a chance to play with it. I just finished finals, and now I'm trying to figure out how to get the darn case off. I don't want to break it, but it doesn't seem like it wants to come apart even though it is obviously designed to do so.

Any hints/tips?

If you hold it so that the TI logo is face up and readable, in the lower right corner of it, there's a notch between the two parts. Take off the end cap and open up the case with this notch using a flat-head screwdriver. It's a sturdy case, it'll be fine. At least, that's how I open mine.

Two places NOT to try to open it are the circular hole and the square hole near the bottom of the case. There are capacitors there, and if you accidentally bump one of them off, the programmer part of the device becomes useless.

Hope this helps!

So, I got this ez430 at the beginning of the semester but never got a chance to play with it.

u are not alone, i got two of these when there was a coupon offer a few months ago (tip from 43oh forums). they were sitting in my drawer ever since.

i told bluehash i will pull something out of my drawer if there is a december POM, so u will see my project on an ez430 next week as an entry. i am sure we all got one or more of these laying around, my project will make good use of them.

i am sure we all got one or more of these laying around, my project will make good use of them.

Ooooh! A teaser! :D

Well... it worked; now I can't wait to see it. :P

BTW: My second (free) one never made it to me. It got to the next state (MO) and then went back to TI for some reason. After a few check-up phone calls, they figured it out and are re-sending. :?