43oh

"Hijack" FraunchPad onboard thermister and accelerometer

Is it possible to "hijack" these onboard components without, if possible at all, desolder them from the Fraunchpad?

Say for example, load a blank program to the fraunchpad and then connect the pins of the thermister to another mcu, maybe an LP, and then the "alien" LP make use of it..

Why not? Give it a try! :)

OK :D

make sure you tri state the pins on the mcu, otherwise it can affect the signal.

hmm sorry does that mean configure the pins on the Fraunchpad as tri-state input? All my little electronics knowledge is from high school physics so i'm not sure about tri-state :? Referring to this link..

http://electronics.stackexchange.com/qu ... on-mcu-pin

Why not? Give it a try! :)

OK :D

make sure you tri state the pins on the mcu, otherwise it can affect the signal.

hmm sorry does that mean configure the pins on the Fraunchpad as tri-state input? All my little electronics knowledge is from high school physics so i'm not sure about tri-state :? Referring to this link..

http://electronics.stackexchange.com/qu ... on-mcu-pin

As inputs, yes.

• 2 weeks later...
Suggest also disabling the input Schmitt trigger as explained in the INPUT/OUTPUT SCHEMATICS section of the MSP430FR5739 datasheet:
Setting P1SEL1.x and P1SEL0.x will disable the output driver as well as the input Schmitt trigger to prevent parasitic cross currents when applying analog signals.
Where the parasitic cross currents can increase the supply current if the analog voltage is around the transition threshold of the input.