Sign in to follow this  
RobG

MSP430G2553IPW20R group buy

Eh? I just bought 25 2553's PDIP for $1.68 which was $42 (pun!)... That's just $1 short of 10 LP's... but I got 2.5x the chips....

Your math confuses me.

I'd go with 50 qty or 100 qty on the PDIP for price if I was doing resale, bluehash, Mouser ain't too bad at that qty and the 50 would only be $70.

a pity to hear that digikey isn't getting the msp430G2553s anytime soon either. =( Thanks for looking into that RobG.

Looks like the 595-MSP430G2453IPW20 is the only kinda decent option. Sucks to lose half the coding space just to save ~10cents. Sadly I gotta do a mouser order soon anyways for reflow oven v2 parts so I think i'm going to pull out on the order unless we can find some g2553s somewhere.

...Looks like the 595-MSP430G2453IPW20 is the only kinda decent option. Sucks to lose half the coding space just to save ~10cents...

It's not to save 10

26 weeks lead time, production issues :(

Dude! That's one half of a year!

I don't think that I could wait that long. I would redesign my product first.

Well, Mouser has those in stock, but it would cost me twice as much and no other 2x[3,5]3 chip is available.

I am hoping that TI will resolve the issues and make those available sooner. I am in no rush, I have few chips left.

FYI, Avnet has MSP430G2553IPW28 in stock @ $1.46

Mouser has 595-SP430G2553IPW20R in stock... qty 1 :)

Thanks for the tip! I bought that 2553 last night. Amazingly, it wasn't a glitch in their inventory system, and my order shipped this morning. They must have found the chip under a shelf somewhere, a leftover from a previous batch. I hope it works.

26 weeks lead time, production issues :(

Dude! That's one half of a year!

I don't think that I could wait that long. I would redesign my product first.

Yep... Sadly this appears to be a trending thing with TI chips... They need to get another factory or something.

Thanks for the tip! I bought that 2553 last night. Amazingly, it wasn't a glitch in their inventory system, and my order shipped this morning. They must have found the chip under a shelf somewhere, a leftover from a previous batch. I hope it works.

Today they have 11, must be cancelled orders or something.

Well, I might be responsible for all the 2553 tssop's drying up. :oops:

I just finished a design using the 2553 in an industrial setting.

My client bought up at least 100 of them and is on track for building another 500. 8-)

Isn't that what we're supposed to do? :think: