43oh

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated User Manual and Support for Xcode 4.5.1   I updated the user manual based on the feed-back I've received about the following two sections: installation and target selection.   embedXcode n

embedXcode on Dangerous Prototypes!   Read at :arrow: http://dangerousprototypes.com/2012/08/24/embedxcode/

New! Installation Package   embedXcode is now installed with a standard installation package. Installation is faster and easier.     The Installation Guide and User Manual has changed for User

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have not been able to find an answer to this or determine the solution from the online manuals.

The answer is probably there somewhere but I can't 'see it', so apologies in advance, I did try.

I am using Launchpad MSP432P401R, Arduino1.8.5, Energia 1.6.10E18, embedXcode-924, Xcode 9.2, macOS 10.13.1.

I want to add an extra I2C channel, so I believe the appropriate place to add this is :

~/Library/Energia15/packages/energia/hardware/msp432/3.8.0/variants/MSP_EDXP432P401R

or

~/Library/Energia15/packages/energia/hardware/msp432r/5.6.1/variants/MSP_EDXP432P401R

with appropriate changes to Board.h, Board_Init.c, WireObjects.cpp.

It would seem to me that I should be using msp432r, also the msp432r/5.6.1 code looks easier to modify as it has the dataPin / clkPin as part of the IC2MSP432_HWAttrsV1 structure.

But, in the embedXcode configuration, Resources/Energia/msp432-emt/cores/msp432 is referencing 3.8.0

When I look in the Configurations/LaunchPad MSP432P401 EMT.xcconfig, there is a reference to the MSP432_COLOUR.

I naively changed this from BLACK_OR_RED to RED, but it made no difference.

In the Makefiles/EnergiaMSP432EMT_18.mk, ENERGIA_MSP432_EMT_1 = $(ENERGIA_PACKAGES_PATH)/hardware/msp432/$(ENERGIA_MSP432_EMT_RELEASE)

I don't want to go hacking directory names etc.

Can you please tell me how I can have make a build against $(ENERGIA_PACKAGES_PATH)/hardware/msp432r/5.6.1?

ok.

I'll try and add in the appropriate code to allow an additional i2c configuration in the ~/Library/Energia15/packages/energia/hardware/msp432/3.8.0 branch.

I have a Launchpad as well as a mini-M4 MSP432 (which I program from the Launchpad).

The mini-M4 doesn't present pins 9/10 == P6_5/P6_4 == EUSCI_B1 which is the default Wire configuration.

It presents pins 35/36 == P6_7/P6_6.

If I can add these, then I can use Wire.setModule().

Is the ~/Library/Energia15/packages/energia/hardware/msp432r/5.6.1 branch used at all?

thanks again.

The available option LaunchPad MSP432P401 EMT on the standard edition of embedXcode uses ~/Library/Energia15/packages/energia/hardware/msp432/3.8.0.

The embedXcode+ edition features both LaunchPad MSP432P401 EMT with ~/Library/Energia15/packages/energia/hardware/msp432/3.8.0 and LaunchPad MSP432P401 Red EMT with ~/Library/Energia15/packages/energia/hardware/msp432r/5.6.1.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...