43oh

Please check:

• Is Energia installed on the /Applications folder?
  • Has Energia been launched once and the sketchbook folder declared?
  • Does the example sketch compile successfully?
  • Does the main sketch on your project include the #include "SPI.h" statement?
  • Does the main makefile on your project include the APP_LIBS_LIST = SPI or APP_LIBS_LIST = statement?

The SPI library is written in C++, not C.

Please provide more details so I can help you.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated User Manual and Support for Xcode 4.5.1   I updated the user manual based on the feed-back I've received about the following two sections: installation and target selection.   embedXcode n

embedXcode on Dangerous Prototypes!   Read at :arrow: http://dangerousprototypes.com/2012/08/24/embedxcode/

New! Installation Package   embedXcode is now installed with a standard installation package. Installation is faster and easier.     The Installation Guide and User Manual has changed for User

Posted Images

Thanks for responding. Here are the answers to your questions:

• Is Energia installed on the /Applications folder?

Yes

• Has Energia been launched once and the sketchbook folder declared?

Yes

• Does the example sketch compile successfully?

Yes, in Energia, not in Xcode, per the errors in platform.cpp.

• Does the main sketch on your project include the #include "SPI.h" statement?

No, it's not in the code that was created by embedXcode for the new project. I could add it, but I don't see it on my system. 

• Does the main makefile on your project include the APP_LIBS_LIST = SPI or APP_LIBS_LIST = statement?

The default makefile created by embedXcode has this:

APP_LIBS_LIST =

APP_LIBS_LIST =

So I set this in makefile:

APP_LIBS_LIST = SPI

This made the build work, and the LED now blinks. :) Perhaps the default makefile should have that setting?

• The SPI library is written in C++, not C.

?C++ will do, thanks. How do I get it to run C++ instead of the .ino sketch?

I have Energia installed and working. Xcode was previous installed. I donated and installed embedXcode+. When I try to compile in Xcode I get a TLV_START and TLV_END undeclared from a TI library. I can create and compile successfully in Energia. Any thoughts or suggestions? art...

I have Energia installed and working. Xcode was previous installed. I donated and installed embedXcode+. When I try to compile in Xcode I get a TLV_START and TLV_END undeclared from a TI library. I can create and compile successfully in Energia. Any thoughts or suggestions? art...

Does the standard example work? Which MCU are you compiling against?

As with Energia, embedXcode requires that all the library include the following statement in the header file:

#include "Energia.h"

References: 

I have re-reviewed the User Manual again. Everything appears correct. I was trying to get the standard example to work. I hate to reinstall Xcode to get this to work. MCU MSP430G2553

Thanks for the details. Please find the answer to solve this standard issue caused by some libraries:

By default, all the libraries are compiled. You can remove from compilation the unused libraries by specifying on the main makefile

APP_LIBS_LIST = 0
USER_LIBS_LIST = 0

Please refer to chapter 4 Build and Upload the Project section 2 Manage the Libraries for Compilation on the User Manual.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...