43oh

Ethernet Booster Pack

Looks like this is coming along nicely - Rob, do you have an estimated price (for an assembled booster) yet? I have at least one potential use lined up already, though it's contingent on a couple of other things falling into place - but I'd certainly be keen to grab a couple of these when they're ready!

Also, one quick question: how easy/difficult would it be to make the Launchpad be the device which sends out HTTP requests rather than being the server listening for them? My main idea would require it to be making requests (even if it can't receive the response, though it'd be good if it can), rather than acting as a server. I haven't had a chance to look at your sample code yet, so sorry if the code makes the answer to this question obvious ;-)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[EDIT] The newest version of this BP is here   [EDIT] This project is finished Available in the 43oh Store. This is still in it's early phase, so I need your input. Here are some specs so far: 1.

First board (actually it's the second one) assembled and working as expected! Shipping rest of the boards to SA tomorrow.  

If all goes well with the booster pack, a standalone version will follow. The one below is 2" x 1", has MSP430G2553, LDO, 8 GPIOs, and a programming header.  

Posted Images

...Rob, do you have an estimated price (for an assembled booster) yet?...but I'd certainly be keen to grab a couple of these when they're ready!

The first batch of 20 will be assembled by SugarAddict (kudos to SA for doing it,) so we will have to limit them to one per person. The price should be ~$15.

Also, one quick question: how easy/difficult would it be to make the Launchpad be the device which sends out HTTP requests rather than being the server listening for them?...

Yes, you can use it as a client. I will add a simple make GET request / parse HTTP response example in few days.

Thanks for designing the PCBs and work on MSP430 drivers.

Regarding Server vs. Client, both is nearly the same, easy, with all WIZnet chips.

Please take a look at our W5200 = W7200 App.-Notes and free source-Codes (Cortex M3) here:

wiznet.co.kr -> Products -> W7200 -> Download -> W7200 Application Note Codes and Documents

27MByte

Yes, stil a bit preliminary, but good for a start.

More & other application demo like this and some more servers linked at other chips.

Please comment on our demo-source-code as we like to improve the usability / portability as best as we can.

Joachim (WIZnet engineer)

ps: I'm not allowed to link directly here :( maybe we can change that. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, new to the forums here. This is awesome... thanks for all your hard work. I'm definitely in for 1, when they are available. Is there any mechanism (other than manually checking back often) to know when they are available for order?

And thanks SugarAddict! So will you get any of the proceeds? If not, I'll definitely pitch in a few extra bucks for your assembly efforts!

Got boards. Will try my hand at one tomorrow AM :)

Thanks!

I'm one of those small number of people wanting to use POE ;)

Rob, what was part# for the POE version MagJack or equivalent you found? Everything I am finding is at least double the price of the RB1-125BAG1A, which is actually made by UDE. On UDE website (won't let me include URL, so just web search "RB1-125BAG1A ude") they mention "PoE option" but don't show any parts that have it (??). Anyway, it would be great if Wiztek also supplied a POE version of the jack for a similar price as the RB1-125BAG1A.

I agree with cde. The number of people using PoE will be so small, it will not be worth adding it to this board (another board can be designed.) The problem is finding the right MagJack. The one digikey sells (PoE) has a different footprint than the one WIZnet uses