43oh

A sub-forum for displays (LCDs, OLEDs, etc)...

I have seen many forums with 30+ categories and almost everything ends up in "General" because it is unclear what sub-fourm would be best.

I recently posted code for using the internal temperature sensor. It showed the temperature on an LCD.

So it could go in Projects, LCDs, Code Vault, or General. What would be best?

It put it in Code Vault because the emphasis was on code to scale the ADC reading to a Temperature in real units. The sample code and use of an LCD was incidental.

I have seen many forums with 30+ categories and almost everything ends up in "General" because it is unclear what sub-fourm would be best.

I recently posted code for using the internal temperature sensor. It showed the temperature on an LCD.

So it could go in Projects, LCDs, Code Vault, or General. What would be best?

It put it in Code Vault because the emphasis was on code to scale the ADC reading to a Temperature in real units. The sample code and use of an LCD was incidental.

That's exactly how it should be. If the LCD is the main part of the project or what needs help with, it would go into the LCD section. Incidental use would not.

Things like I can't x lcd to work, or does anyone know the pinout of this obscure lcd, or hey, new library for hd2xxxx compatible lcds!

The point I was trying to make is that if someone has to decide which of may sub-forums would be best, they will just dump it in general. It is often not clear what the dominant characteristic is. It ends up being self defeating.

Sometimes you also get "I didn't know where to post this, so I will spam 6 sub-forums with the same question."