43oh

Power-BoosterPack

Hi,

I couple of months ago I started using the launchpad, then I decided that a booster pack with a lipo battery would be a nice feature, so I went ahead and design my own. I build up a boosterpack, although, I first call it power-shield (newbie fail).

I decided to used a 14500 li-ion as battery due to their cheap price and relativele high capacity, I can charge it both by USB and a solar panel. For the output I an currently using a 3.3V LDO.

Do you have any ideas on how to improve it? I will be glad to hear your feedback :)

Very cool - is the solar cell enough to keep the LP and Anaren booster running, or does it just extend the battery life?

I decided to used a 14500 lipo as battery

Aren't 14500 batteries Li-Ion?

Yes they are just Li-ion , no polimer, my fault.

About the battery life with the solar panel, is something I still have to check, The solar panel that can barely be seen in the photo (follow the black and red wires) is just 0.5W but due to the low power requirements of the launchpad I am optimisticthat it will be enough :).