43oh

ProtoPad(SMD)

Wiki Link

Store Link

I often find myself needing some type of SMD proto board, so I decided to take my original ProtoPad (which was never produced) and turn it into SMD proto board.
Here's the first version with most of the things I might need.
There's still some room left, any suggestions?

Specs:
40-pin SOIC (0.1" to 0.6" width) or 40-pin 0.65 pitch TSSOP (0.1" to 0.4" width,) can fit few smaller chips.
Four 6-pin SOT-363 or SOT-457, can use for SOT-23, SOT-353, SOT-753, and similar.
9 single 0805 components.
6 single 3528 components.
4 0805 dividers/debouncers (connected between Vcc and GND.)
2 two 0805 components in series.
4 two 0805 components in series with one end common, for LEDs for example.
1 0805 bridge.
Several connected solder pads.
Most of 0805s are 2 in parallel, one on top and one on the bottom.
Some of the supported TSSOP packages:
PW (R-PDSO-G**), DA (R-PDSO-G**), DAP (R-PDSO-G**), PWP (R-PDSO-G**), G** is G40 or less
Some of the TSSOPs that are NOT supported:
DBT (R-PDSO-G**), DL (R-PDSO-G**), basically none of 0.5 or 0.635 pitch. Some smaller packages should fit, 8-pin for example.

post-197-135135539533_thumb.png

Here are some details, from the left: 2 in series, bridge, single, 2 in series with common, dividers. Keep in mind that resistors represent a component, caps, diodes, etc. can be soldered.

post-197-135135539517_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi rob,

Great work on these proto-boards, I will order some. In the mean time, would you consider creating smaller versions that can be used on any breadboard that could have a single device mounted such as d-pak, SOT-23 or any IC from 8-28 pins? I suppose one could cut a proto-board into smaller units using a scroll saw or band saw. I'm working on a complicated controller board that will have a MSP430 device installed but not using the LaunchPad except for programming.

I am looking for D-pak and SOT-23 to DIP adapters. I think you have included some SOT-23 in up to 6 land configuration on your proto board. If you could separate some of the areas into individual items or make the proto board with snap-apart sections would be a big help. whle preparing this reply, I googled DPAK adapters and got a host of sites that offer them. Seems most sites were off-shore. One had about 70 sections with snap-apart pieces for about $50.

• 7 months later...