Sign in to follow this  
RobG

Need few small parts from Mouser

I need few small parts from Mouser, 3 x 798-DF23C10DS05V51, but it's not worth paying $8 S/H for $1.95 worth of parts.

If anyone is ordering from them and would be willing to add those to their order, I would be more than grateful (they will fit in an envelope.)

I can pay via PayPal, repay with favor (I order from Avnet every few weeks,) I might have some parts you need, or I can send few of my boards, Color LCD Booster Pack for example (this is why I need those and 22pin versions, which Mouser doesn't sell in small quantities.)

Speaking of small quantities, I often find parts I need for the project in 2-3 different stores. Sometimes I think that it would be nice to have some sort of parts exchange system, sort of like karma. You get "points" by sending parts to someone else or buy them with cash. You need parts, you pay with "points." Shipping would be in small envelopes, $0.50-$1.50 (50-150 pts.) This would work great for small orders.

Wait, those look familiar!...

I have 2 that I removed from a cellphone that I can send.. there is minor heat damage but they look ok... Same address, yes? :)

That would be awesome! I bought few on eBay but they got lost in the mail.

Wait, those look familiar!...

I have 2 that I removed from a cellphone that I can send.. there is minor heat damage but they look ok... Same address, yes? :)

That would be awesome! I bought few on eBay but they got lost in the mail.

Now THAT is what makes these forums great! Good on ya' SA! :thumbup:

You would be amazed at the things I've saved from tearing apart random boards... I got some buttons off of two boards last week that I totally thought would be nice to use. I checked the price of said buttons (I got 30 of them) on Mouser... HOLY CRAP... $4 PER BUTTON.

I love my hot air station :ugeek:

Edit: It also helps that I'm in the IT industry and people bring me random boards from all sorts of things. I re-use things I can and recycle whats left. 100% green! :)

I love my hot air station :ugeek:

Know where I can find one inexpensive?

EDIT: that's how I got my laptop! A guy poured rubbing alcohol on the keyboard (apparently to clean up some spilled soda), couldn't get it to work, and gave it to me to take apart. I was able to clean up some corrosion, and it has it's querks (no speakers or cd-drive), but it works.

EDIT2: Also, I got my start in digital electronics in a van full of old computers (older than Y2K), so the only new stuff I've gotten is the launchpad and some TI samples :mrgreen:

X-Tronic 6040

X-Tronic 4040

I have a 4000 series and the only problem I've had with it is that the LCD sometimes doesn't display or doesn't display right. Turning off/on repeatedly fixes it... Some issue with firmware probably. Works great though, I've definitely gotten my money out of it in the year I've had it. I'm not brave enough to take it apart and look at the guts yet... maybe when I get a 2nd soldering iron I'll do that and find some stupid easy fix like a bad solder joint on the LCD, lol

You would be amazed at the things I've saved from tearing apart random boards...

I used to have a stack of boards, parts, etc., then my wife said she want's to be able to park her car in the garage. That was before LP and 43oh, so I figured I will never go back to electronics. Everything went to the recycling station, better pieces like my NeXT Cube and the TAM to collectors.

I'm looking for this - 101-00565-64-ND.

Newark has them on sale, MDFly has some too but not sure about the model. I would be interested in couple of them too.

You would be amazed at the things I've saved from tearing apart random boards...

[side-thread] I know, I found a 4-bit ADC (yes four bits) in a fax machine. Ever heard of an EAROM? [/side-thread]

X-Tronic 6040

X-Tronic 4040

I have a 4000 series and the only problem I've had with it is that the LCD sometimes doesn't display or doesn't display right. Turning off/on repeatedly fixes it... Some issue with firmware probably. Works great though, I've definitely gotten my money out of it in the year I've had it. I'm not brave enough to take it apart and look at the guts yet... maybe when I get a 2nd soldering iron I'll do that and find some stupid easy fix like a bad solder joint on the LCD, lol

Embossing Heat Gun/Heat Tool/Heaterizer - $9.99

You only need a good heat gun/tool for putting things on......

I need few small parts from Mouser, 3 x 798-DF23C10DS05V51, but it's not worth paying $8 S/H for $1.95 worth of parts.

If anyone is ordering from them and would be willing to add those to their order, I would be more than grateful (they will fit in an envelope.)

I can pay via PayPal, repay with favor (I order from Avnet every few weeks,) I might have some parts you need, or I can send few of my boards, Color LCD Booster Pack for example (this is why I need those and 22pin versions, which Mouser doesn't sell in small quantities.)

Speaking of small quantities, I often find parts I need for the project in 2-3 different stores. Sometimes I think that it would be nice to have some sort of parts exchange system, sort of like karma. You get "points" by sending parts to someone else or buy them with cash. You need parts, you pay with "points." Shipping would be in small envelopes, $0.50-$1.50 (50-150 pts.) This would work great for small orders.

How about a tool library in addition? :)