larsie

LCD and Touch booster pack

Hi Tony, I have been thinking of making more (I have 20 unmounted boards in my workshop), but I've just been terribly busy so haven't been able to make them. So yes, there will probably be more, but not right now unfortunately... 

Does anyone have the CCS version of the touch button code that they can share? I tried PM'ing Larsie, but he's not accepting any more messages.

Many thanks in advance!!

Sorry, I didn't realize my message box was full. Sorry. I think I might have some code for touch on CCS, but it's a bit tangled with another project, so need to clean it up. It might take some days for me to fix. If you want to try, the key to get it working is to use the Resource explorer to create an example project for touch, and then edit the configuration files and then insert the LCD library into the same project. 

Try this one. Should work on CCS with Touch. One of the main files just prints the cap-touch-reading on the lcd (good for debugging, in case you want to put the board inside a box or otherwise want to change the sensitivity). The other prints some text depending on the button pressed. 

LarsLCD-CCS-Touch.zip

Hi!

I have made some changes to the LCD-button boosterpack in order to get this display to function with MSP430G2452 using USI.

I thought to share this with you guys, someone might find this helpful.

I made some changes to the original source code (lcd.c / lcd.h) because the hardware is a bit different when NOT using MSP430G2553. One noticeable change is that MOSI pin is not P1.7 as it would be in MSP430G2553. When using MSP430G2452, MOSI-pin is P1.6. I don't know why TI has done this (other than to confuse the customers :D).

I have attached the schematics and the source code at the end of this reply. Oh, and I used the V2 board with buttons, not touch. But the USI-functional part should be the same whether to use touch or button... Someone with touch-board could verify this? Or perhaps someone would send me an touch-display for me to do it ;):D

Anyways, thanks and c ya!

Sitronix_LCD_ST7579.zip

post-29846-0-46922500-1382871859_thumb.jpg