43oh

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

74HCT family, such as 74HCT244 and 74HCT125 can be used to convert 3V logic to 5V logic. They have TTL thresholds that are compatible with 3V logic even when running from 5V.   74AHC family such at

Yeah! Got mine working too - including the graphic library. I'm using a 12v wall wart, but it's a cheap one and appears to be putting out about 14v. The screen looks best @ 13v on a 5v supply - sam

For power boost, I was thinking of using something like MC33063A, pretty cheap and common DC/DC. There are several online and app calculators available, like this one.   The code is from few posts b

Posted Images

I was kind of looking for something bigger than that. I made my daughter a christmas version of the "Bad Apple" project and somebody asked if it was a small etch-a-sketch. I really liked the project idea, but thought it would be nice to have an LCD that was much larger (maybe 2x the size).

I picked up the other two that you didn't bid on - managed to get them both for $9.50. I asked for an invoice and the seller gave me a break on shipping! I should have them sometime early next week.

I bookmarked a link where someone had posted a library for working with an MSP430F chip - here. I haven't created an account to download the source, but it might be a starting point.

Here is my idea of how to connect SRAM with LCD (originally designed for my Uber pack.)

Here's how it works:

1. Select memory (MEMSEL)

2. Send read command with the address (MOSI & MCLK)

3. Put memory on hold (MEMHLD) and keep memory selected

4. Select LCD and control (LCDSEL & D/C) and write address (MOSI & MCLK)

5. Change control to data (D/C)

6. Change LCD's source of data from MOSI to SRAM's SO (DIRSEL)

7. Change clock source (CLKSEL)

8. Release memory

9. Clock ACLK number of bytes to be transfered * 8

10. When clocking is completed, deselect all (MEMSEL, LCDSEL, DIRSEL, CLKSEL)

Clock switch can be omitted, but in that case, data switch could also be omitted since USCI will have to be used for clocking. On my Uber pack, clocking during transfer was done by the controller MCU and it was suppose to free up USCI. Timer could also be used to count clock pulses and interrupt transfer after required number of bytes.

post-197-135135533887_thumb.png

RobG - very cool idea on the memory. Is the concept that you're having the memory chip send the information to the display directly, instead of having to push it from the MCU?

I know - they're huge! First order of business is changing the headers. I need them to be behind the screen, not sticking up in front. I have no idea how this could have been built into a working device with them set up that way.

I'm actually planning on using 2 100K potentiometers (so it's like a regular etch-a-sketch). I've already got a sample program that's moving a pixel around on the Nokia 5110.

I'm actually planning on using 2 100K potentiometers (so it's like a regular etch-a-sketch). I've already got a sample program that's moving a pixel around on the Nokia 5110.

Just seen this topic, and seems like an awesome project. Looking forward to your progress!