Jul10

Serial Communication error MSP430FR5969

Hello there,

I have been trying to use a MSP430FR5969 to start a serial communication with a SARA-R4 Cellphone modem.

Basically that modem just works sending AT commands through serial communication, so, i decided to start with the basics using the library example

include <SoftwareSerial.h>  
SoftwareSerial mySerial(P1_4, P1_3);// RX, TX  
void setup(){ // Open serial communications and wait for port to open:   
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println("Goodnight moon!");    // set the data rate for the SoftwareSerial port 
mySerial.begin(9600);
mySerial.println("Hello, world?");
}  
void loop(){ // run over and over 
  if(mySerial.available()) 
  	Serial.write(mySerial.read());
  if (Serial.available())
  mySerial.write(Serial.read());
}

Unfortunately an error jumps everytime i try to compile the code.

C:\Users\dom\Desktop\energia-1.8.7E21\hardware\energia\msp430\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:80:2: error: #error This version of SoftwareSerial supports only 16MHz processors

C:\Users\dom\Desktop\energia-1.8.7E21\hardware\energia\msp430\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp: In member function 'void SoftwareSerial::begin(long int)':

C:\Users\dom\Desktop\energia-1.8.7E21\hardware\energia\msp430\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:250:31: error: 'table' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\dom\Desktop\energia-1.8.7E21\hardware\energia\msp430\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp: In member function 'virtual size_t SoftwareSerial::write(uint8_t)':

C:\Users\dom\Desktop\energia-1.8.7E21\hardware\energia\msp430\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:318:26: error: 'XMIT_START_ADJUSTMENT' was not declared in this scope

exit status 1
Error compilando para la tarjeta MSP-EXP430FR5969LP.

So i decided to debug the library looking for those lines and trying to solve the errors, but after a few days i still can not get rid of that compiling error.

Does anyone has an idea about what is happening and how can i solve it?

Regards