43oh

• 1 month later...

Not this morning.

The scenario is this: my customer wants to use the LP to do factory floor programming. He doesn't want to install 1.2Gigs worth of CCSV5 just to get the LP drivers. Why should he?

He wants just the drivers to make the LP go. That's it. No more. No less.

I guess it's up to me to solve this problem by making an unofficial drivers release package for him. That's kinda dumb in my opinion.

• 6 months later...
It is worth noting that there already *is* a wiki for the MSP430: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSP430
Yes, but we need a Wiki for the projects and boards that are developed in these forums and sold in the store. Since hopefully most BoosterPacks will also be usable with the C2000 and Stellaris LaunchPads, the Wiki could be shared with those forums also.
It is worth noting that there already *is* a wiki for the MSP430: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSP430
Yes, but we need a Wiki for the projects and boards that are developed in these forums and sold in the store. Since hopefully most BoosterPacks will also be usable with the C2000 and Stellaris LaunchPads, the Wiki could be shared with those forums also.

There is nothing preventing anyone from doing this on the already existing Wiki.

The addition of yet another Wiki will only serve to dilute both of them.

Until such time as there is a problem using TI's wiki, I strongly suggest that all efforts go into making that the de-facto source for information on the msp430.

Until such time as there is a problem using TI's wiki, I strongly suggest that all efforts go into making that the de-facto source for information on the msp430.

Just a point here: TI also has forums, yet the 43oh forums are doing quite well. I believe this is for good reason, and that a 43oh wiki would flourish as well.

As RobG pointed out:

...a wiki page for each project, especially BP, would be awesome.

Keeping the wiki for a project connected with the forum where that project originated seems like a natural idea.