Sign in to follow this  
MattTheGeek

Blue 16x2 Character display - $3.98 Shipped

It's nice that it has an LED backlight. And five days shipping is amazing considering that air mail to Canada would take at least 30 days.

I think BH should put some of these in the 43oh store.

What do you think?

It's nice that it has an LED backlight. And five days shipping is amazing considering that air mail to Canada would take at least 30 days.

I think BH should put some of these in the 43oh store.

What do you think?

If he can get a bigger discount, then yes. Otherwise it would just add extra shipping and markup. Even with the markup and extra shipping, It's would be still better than SFE :D (Not that i hate SFE)

Thats super good for usa based shipping. If it were from hong kong then you can get them for about 2.7-3usd pretty easily. Thanks for sharing!

--edit: woops, there in china? Thats pretty darn fast shipping if you got it from china in 5 days? Am I missing something?

and yea... i'm skeptical of the 3.3V rating when the picture he shows is of a 1602A that is labeled 5V... hmm I've always wondered though what the tolerance is though on that. a 3.3V screen would be mighty nice.

Are they true 3.3V?

As far as I know, 1602A is 5V logic.

I bought the one below and it does work with 3.3V

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 0402541048

Some of us did buy those cheap 1602A white on blue displays form eBay few months ago, so maybe someone can confirm if they work with 3.3V (I am traveling so I cannot, but if I remember correctly, they don't.)

Ok.. They got back. They are ready to ship 25 units for $75 shipped. That's $3.00 for each. As a comparison, mdfly charges $7 for this.

The problem is if I ship these to you, it is going to be $3+$1.8 shipping = $4.8 which is more(~80 cents) that the ebay price :roll:

The only advantage I see is that the one from the Store will come with headers unsoldered.

So I'm ready to organize this as it will get another product to the Store, but it's upto you guys if you want a group buy.

In any case, thanks for testing this out MTG.

I had some paypal money left from a donation, so i ordered a couple.

With shipping to the Netherlands it would not be efficient to take part in a group buy anyway, i would pay way more.

Thanks for the tip Matt!