Sign in to follow this  
rockets4kids

New chips shipping with the LaunchPad?

If new chips, does that imply a new Launchpad board too (post version 1.4) with modified serial jumpers? Any way to find out what version board came with those new chips?

I heard that someone received a LaunchPad recently with G2452 and G2553 chips instead of the G2211 and G2231 chips. Does anyone know if this is a permanent upgrade to the LaunchPad package or just an anomaly?

Could you point me as to where you saw it?

Oh my goodness! Just read this post and rushed to open the 3 LP just arrived ealier this week, and yes they are the 2553 and 2452, the board version is 1.5, and the headers are soldered :o (male headers)

Happy!

post-2970-135135527593_thumb.jpg

the headers are soldered :o (male headers)

Oh f**k, really? One step forward, two steps back?

Not only it comes with headers soldered in (so it'll be a damn obstacle when soldering on the xtal), but it comes with male headers soldered in?

Unbelievable.

Whoever came up with this idea -- next time, try a little thinking first.

They're probably repositioning to support things like the CC110L Air Module, which needs male headers.

And which, by the way, expects that the crystal be left unpopulated since it uses P2.6 and P2.7 (XIN/XOUT) for GDO lines. Which I didn't find out until after I'd soldered on the crystal to the two boards I'd been going to use for testing that module. Since I don't intend to cut traces and try to solder on 0603 SMT 0Ohm resistors to switch to different pins for those functions, I won't be able to try the module until I get around to buying more launchpads.

Oh my goodness! Just read this post and rushed to open the 3 LP just arrived ealier this week, and yes they are the 2553 and 2452, ]

sweet, i need to order a few, may be they are retiring the 2k devices. just wish they would leave the headers un-soldered.

did u order via ti estore? or via digikey / mouser / element14, etc? i usually order from newark. i believe they have to exhaust the 2231 older stocks before carrying the 2553 ones.

Ah, missed that.

Too bad about the headers though, all my expansion boards have male headers.

I understand they are trying to save money by not including female headers, but they should not solder included male headers.

Oh my goodness! Just read this post and rushed to open the 3 LP just arrived ealier this week, and yes they are the 2553 and 2452, ]

sweet, i need to order a few, may be they are retiring the 2k devices. just wish they would leave the headers un-soldered.

did u order via ti estore? or via digikey / mouser / element14, etc? i usually order from newark. i believe they have to exhaust the 2231 older stocks before carrying the 2553 ones.

Yes i ordered via ti estore.

I live in the other part of the globe and the last time i ordered (like an year ago) they came in from Singapore fulfillment center, but this time the new LPs are from US.