gwdeveloper

SimpiciTI Tutorial for CC2500

I'm still not seeing the pictures. I had a long break from working on this project a long time and did a redo of the instructions. Since I couldn't see the pictures I may be missing something. I had to add \bsp\drivers to the project to get it to compile. Otherwise it gave "bsp_leds.h could not be read" error.

Hi

I get a compile error in   bsp.c

#161 declaration is incompatible with previous "BSP_InitLeds" (declared at line 62 of "C:/Texas Instruments/SimpliciTI-CCS-1.1.1/Components/bsp/boards/LP_G2553/bsp_drivers.c")     /SimpliTi/bsp    line 119, external location: C:\Texas Instruments\SimpliciTI-CCS-1.1.1\Components\bsp\drivers\bsp_leds.h

Any ideas what went wrong ?

Cheers

Michael

Finally I got the code and modules up and running.

Issues:

Led does not work.

I found no way to reconfigure and use the cc2500 booster board

Just changing the pin mapping was not enough

Without debugger I would have had no chance what so ever,...

Ti supplies a great environment

Once I figured the issues out, I will blog about the solutions.

Cheers

Rubi

http://rubines.blogspot.co.at/

Hello,
I'm new to MSP430, but I want to try this out really bad. I got this code almost working. Now LED on RX side toogles once about 4-5 seconds, while LED on TX side just stays on. Somehow they do not link to each other. Could you help me figure this out? :!!!:

Ok, I have followed these instructions 4 or 5 times now, and I cannot get a project to build. I think I am close though. None of the pictures in your guide are showing up for me, so I may be missing something. Once I follow all of your instructions, I get 13 errors, most of which resemble the following two types of errors. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

ERRORS:

#10056 symbol "BSP_Delay" redefined: first defined in "./components/bsp/boards/EZ430RF/bsp_board.obj"; redefined in "./components/bsp/bsp.obj" RF2500 C/C++ Problem

unresolved symbol TA0CTL, first referenced in ./application/vlo_rand.obj RF2500 C/C++ Problem

Screenshot:
Capture_zps60c4ea37.png

*Edit: I am using CCS V5.4

Another 4 hours wasted trying to figure out if my pins are even correct. Blarg. I think I'm ready to give up on these modules.

Last Hail Mary request, if anyone is still working on these:

1) Does the example given by the OP include activating the SPI bus? If so, were my pin assumptions in the earlier post correct?

Launchpad pins -> cc2500 module pin
P1.4 -> P8 (Chip Select)
P1.5 -> P3 (SPI clock)
P1.6 -> P2 (SPI transfer)
P1.7 <- P4 (SPI transfer)
VCC -> P1 (Vcc)
GND -> P6 (Gnd)

2) If not so, do I need to active SPI bus with my own code, or use the SimpliciTI provided mrfi_spi.c to do so?

I feel like there is something simple that I'm missing but I don't know what it is.

So if I want to connect the G2553-CC2500 to an ez430-RF2500T that is running the Wireless Sensor Monitor (WSM) demo, should it "connect"? Or at the very least join the AP's network?

OK. It works.

My only "issue" after all the fun is that the LP_G2553 board def file uses pins 2.6 & 2.7 by default for GDO. These are the XIN & XOUT pins, which happen to not be connected to the IC on the current LP boards (were they before?). I changed the def file to use 2.4 & 2.5, and it fixed it.

Hi

I would also love some simple tx/rx code base on which I can expand my research.

I wanted to use this modules in my thesis work but they are way to complicated imho. I then switched to the Nrf24L01+ and never had any regrets about that step. They are way simpler to configure and use.

On the other hand the next step is to build and code a mesh network and maybe the cc2500 are better suited to that task, I am willing to give them a second chance.

I have enough modules to play with and if there is an expandable code base I am ready to jump in . :)

Cheers

Rubi