Derekspeegle

msp430fr5994 on energia

Hello,

I've been developing with the msp430fr5994 on energia and I seem to have come across an issue using the serial ports on 6.0 and 6.1 I have two of these processors connected together with the Tx/Rx connected respectively on 6.0 and 6.1. I have the first processor sending out a single number using the Serial1.write("1"); command. The second processor i set to respond by displaying data on it's TFT once it gets any kind of data. So far, I can't get anything to come out of the Serial1 ports. An oscilloscope shows that it's being held high and not sending any kind of data out. I've tried just about every combination of Serial1.print and Serial1.write commands and attempted single numbers, letters, phrases, ect. I read online from about a year ago that there was an issue getting Serial1 to work on this processor using energia, was there a fix for this? 

Thanks, 

Hi @Derekspeegle When you connected TX / RX did you swap them? TX should be connected to RX and RX to TX.

| TX (P6.0) --  -- RX (P6.1)  | 
LaunchPad 1 |             \/              | LaunchPad 2 
            |             /\              |              
_ _ _ _ _ _ | RX (P6.1) --  -- TX (P6.0)  |_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Robert

Yes, @energia  they are swapped like your diagram. However, even if I take one by itself with a basic serial write command on loop, my oscilloscope only picks up a logic high . Serial1.begin(9600) should start up 6.0 and 6.1 right?  

Hello,

Here are shots of my oscilloscope using serial.begin vs serial1.begin on the prospective pins using the exact same code. Now I'm confident there's something wrong with the way that the hardware is coded. Let me know if theres a fix that I could try to implement . 

Thanks, 

20191121_121402.jpg

20191121_121457.jpg