43oh

Wiznet WizFi210 Wifi Wirefree Booster Pack

Was looking at where to get the module... cheapest I found was http://www.saelig.com/product/BRD027.htm Know any place cheaper? Would we need to do a group buy on this also to get a decent price drop? (25?... 12-15 people?) $30 just seems steep to me for a component, is it just me? I'd only ever get 1 or 2 at that price...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 43oh Store link. 43oh Wiki link, with code and schematics.   Hello, good news, Wiznet has agreed to sponsor some modules for their serial wifi chip - WizFi210 A big thank you to them. They a

Progress! and available in store.     Just finished coding up and writing the first wiki draft for wifi BoosterPack. There is still some work to be done in the code, but it works. I wrote up a basi

The module comes with a connector, hopefully the antenna too. It's like a pigtail.   Yes, they are known as locking headers, so that headers stay in place when soldering. I think sparkfun invented

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

how to get this booster pack, as you can see I'm new here. :wave:

I would like to order all the parts at the same time, but I was not able to find this part in the store. Will this be in the store? :think:

Because I'm so new to the MSP430 Launchpad I would like to know what else I need to have or order... :problem:

I guess at least a MSP430 Launchpad and this booster pack and power (PC and USB cable)... did I forget anything? :!!!:

Thanks,

Markus

Hello bluehash,

Thank you for your quick answer :thumbup: and your "welcome" message :D

Can you tell a little bit more about the "get it working" part. Are there software or hardware issues or is it just that you need to spend some more time :?

I'm interested to send an email, from my understanding this is something that should be possible - is this true?

Thank you for the blank PCB offer, what are the payment methods you accept? I don't have a Launchpad yet, would it be possible to also get this via the same order?

Regarding the parts, is there a BOM with part numbers I can use to order?

I only soldered through hole components yet, but from the PCB photo it looks not to intimidating. ;) I think I should give it a try.

Thanks,

Markus

I can send you the BOM. There is one more LP remaining in the store. However I recommend buying it from TI directly as it will be cheaper and quicker shipping.

I 'll be sending one to gwdeveloper to work on the code. I tried getting the uart to work by hooking it to the PC via the LP's 9600 serial port, but got no response.

You will still have to buy the radio from somewhere. I don't have one in stock. PM me with your address and I'll send you my email for Paypal.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Progress! and available in store.

Just finished coding up and writing the first wiki draft for wifi BoosterPack. There is still some work to be done in the code, but it works. I wrote up a basic example to upload counter data to Cosm(formerly Paschube). Application note can be found on the 43oh wiki.

wizfi210_43oh_launchpad_wifi_boosterpack_2.PNG

You can buy the BoosterPack PCB from The 43oh Store @ $5.0. The application note can be found in the 43oh.com wiki at this link. Main wiki page is here.

wizfi210_43oh_launchpad_wifi_boosterpack_cosm_example.png

wizfi210_43oh_launchpad_wifi_boosterpack_serial_terminal.PNG