43oh

Anaren TI CC110L RF AIR Booster Pack

Right. One thing I could't really notice in the boosterpack are the male headers in the top side of the boosterpack. The pins used by the boosterpack also have male headers so you could attach another boosterpack on it? Or only the unused pins actually have male headers too? (my boosterpacks will arrive by mid-July, by the way :) )

Ive got a sandwich setup with a lauchpad, on top of that an AIR boosterpack and on top of that an SPI LCD (Larsie). All the pins are available at all the boards, since the LCD I use and the AIR boosterpack both use SPI the LCD needs another pin for th CS (chip_select) function but thats all possible.

Cor

Now while I was creating my board to use with the Launchpad + AIR BoosterPack setup I noticed one thing: I'll use some of the pins used by the BoosterPack (e.g. P1.6 and P1.7 as I'll use some sensors with I2C). Then, how would I be able to choose between RF transmission and I2C sensors?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's an updated CCS project for the Anaren Air Booster Pack. It's quite obvious they're not familiar with CCS. Included directories are very vague and leave header includes looking like "../../../HA

I was similarly frustrated with Anaren but especially TI for a short while, until I realized that TI actually have some simple example RF code out there in nice BSD licenses. That's the code that http

Hi all,   Anaren has released an update of their firmware and its now also available for CCs   http://www.anaren.com/content/File/AIR/ ... upport.cfm   cheers   Cor   EDIT: just checked the

Posted Images

[quote="jaeger92"

Now while I was creating my board to use with the Launchpad + AIR BoosterPack setup I noticed one thing]

I2C and SPI (used to communicate with the RF boosterpack) are probably not easily implemented together on the same pins. I am no expert in that field but SPI devices use a separate CS(chip_select) pin for each device to make sure communication on the SPI_bus can be done with multiple devices. You might see if bitbanging I2C on other pins will be possible, there is probably allready code on 43oh.com for this.

regards

Cor

• 1 month later...

Can someone please post the zip file:

Anaren_CCS.zip

The original link seems to have gone..

Thanks everyone..

Here's an updated CCS project for the Anaren Air Booster Pack. It's quite obvious they're not familiar with CCS. Included directories are very vague and leave header includes looking like "../../../HAL/HAL.h" instead of simply, "HAL.h". The code is a mess as well as the project's documentation lacks notes on how to configure the CCS project.

CCS v5.1 Project

Anaren_CCS.zip

CCS v4.2 Project

Anaren_CCS_v4.zip

Originally, it required you to create a new workspace in the /Firmware folder then import the project. With this project, you can import into any workspace.

2 warnings exist after compiling but don't seem to cause malfunction.

warning.JPG

Consider this repair in the BETA stages, there are a few more changes that should be made for all-round usability but it works to get it going and test it.

NOTE: This is a CCS project you need to import. In CCS, click "Project -> Import Existing CCS Project" then browse to the unzipped project folder.

• 1 month later...

See Issue 2 at http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php ... own_issues regarding shared use of a USCI bus for SPI and I2C. I did at one time confirm that this worked, and expect the LP+Anaren configuration has the same issue. Alternatively, it may be necessary to explicitly send a PWD strobe to the radio and set CSn in order to keep it from interfering with I2C activity.

I have actually only the P1.6 and P1.7 connected. I'm using the following code:

#define OPEN_I2C_ON_P1_6()	P1SEL |= BIT6; P1SEL2 |= BIT6; P1DIR |= BIT6;               // Set up for SCL
#define OPEN_SPI_ON_P1_6()	P1SEL |= BIT6; P1SEL2 |= BIT6; P1DIR &= ~BIT6;              // Set up for SOMI
#define OPEN_I2C_ON_P1_7()	P1SEL |= BIT7; P1SEL2 |= BIT7; P1DIR |= BIT7;               // Set up for SDA
#define OPEN_SPI_ON_P1_7()	P1SEL |= BIT7; P1SEL2 |= BIT7; P1DIR &= ~BIT7;              // Set up for SOMI

I chosen OPEN_I2C_ON_P1_X before calling the I

To send the SPWD strobe see the end of main.c at http://pabigot.github.com/bsp430/ex_rfem_ccid.html

But you really shouldn't need to do that (though you would have to if you wanted low power sleep with the Anaren board attached). To get I2C to work what you probably mostly need to do is make sure that CSn for the CC110L is set appropriately, i.e. if it's a MSP430G2553 then P2.7 should be driven high. By default that pin is selected for XOUT not I/O, so you'll probably need to reset P2SEL{1,2} too; see the datasheet.

And remove the jumper connecting P1.6 to the LED.