43oh

PetiteFS FATfs SDCard USCI code

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Edit: July 6th, 2014 Please also note that Pabigot maintains BSP430 which has an example for the msp430. He also tracks any changes done to the ElmChan library with patches made to the example. Refer

I went ahead and tested the booster pack and added the write support in the attached zip file. You should take a look at the Petit FatFS documentation regarding the write limitations. PetiteFS only

I took a look at the software serial code - I'm not seeing any issues with gutting it and using hardware UART unless I'm missing something obvious.  I'm not seeing anything that sets anything affectin

Posted Images

Hi thanks for the reply!

Is there another way, like writing to the excel file with the program? I am doing this because I am trying to make this easy for whoever's using this code, so they don't have to handle all these delimiter steps (txt file to excel file)

Hi thanks for the reply!

Is there another way, like writing to the excel file with the program? I am doing this because I am trying to make this easy for whoever's using this code, so they don't have to handle all these delimiter steps (txt file to excel file)

I'd say a native excel format is way too complicated for the device.  Even the .xslx format which is XML-based requires the XML to be compressed.  It would also require you to write the data together as one file - whereas a delimited file can just be appended when you have new information.  However - if you use a .csv file extension and comma separate - excel can open the file without user interaction.  CSV files are typically already associated with excel - so they would open it up like a normal spreadsheet.

I took a look at the software serial code - I'm not seeing any issues with gutting it and using hardware UART unless I'm missing something obvious.  I'm not seeing anything that sets anything affecting clocks that might cause a problem elsewhere.  I'd say you're safe to swap it out - just leave the function names, or replace the function names in the other files (or add a define).  Just make sure you've got the jumpers set correctly for HW uart instead of SW.

Hey @@bluehash, new question for you - 

Thank you for all your help for getting the SD card reading going, I am now trying to get this mp3 audio decoder, the STA013, incorporated into my design. 

But I am having trouble with getting the data from the SD card (via SPI - MISO) to the g2553 microcontroller, and passing this data to my decoder (via I2C - SDAout).

Do you have any insight on this issue? Is it possible to switch between the SPI protocol to the I2C protocol?

I have a multiplexer to divide the line conflict between the two, but I believe they share the same interrupt, which follows:

#pragma vector = USCIAB0TX_VECTOR
__interrupt void USCIAB0TX_ISR(void)

Let me know if you need any more info or any clarifications, thanks !