Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

Hosting Provider Help

Hello,

I'd like to ask you guys to suggest hosting providers. The Forum and Blog traffic are getting higher and higher each month. The site is currently on a shared hosting package from Lunarpages. I now get support tickets every other day of the site's CPU load being higher than normal.

When I talked to them. they pointed me to a VPS package. The Linux package is $23/month. Not too expensive, but it helps if it gets cheaper. Being a member with them for 6 years doesn't help.

Anyway, suggest:

Provider:

Price:

Experience:

Thanks!

- http://www.bluehost.com

- $6/month

- Not me but my friend has been running his business on it for at least five years. I host my own servers at home but I would pick bluehost when I do have to move to the big leagues.

Edit: I can't find their bandwidth & cpu limits info. :think:

I am not sure about CPU limits because I've never hit them, but I've been hosting a few sites on 1and1.com for about 12 years (since they started) with great service. They have several inexpensive Linux/Windows packages with unlimited bandwidth.

Disclaimer: That link has my affiliate code in it, but I wouldn't recommend something unless I were sure it is a good deal. ;)

Do you need a VM? or just a hosting site with php/mysql access? Cause I know an admin with a VM that has 1000gb bandwidth /month, 1G ram and 2 dedicated cores, and he doesn't use nearly as much as he could :)

bluehash, we might be able to strike up a price that works for you and helps supplement our cost VM cost.. nothing too serious. jump on IRC sometime and give me a holler bud.

I retract that,

1and1 seems like a better option, Rickta59 filled me in on them in IRC, He says he's had their service for a while