43oh

Project of the Month

So I was thinking.. In order to get more people involved in the forums and gain popularity we would hold a contest every month or bi weekly. The winner for the month gets a prize - not too exotic, but helpful to the the hobby scene.. like minigrabbers, jumper sets, $10 giftcards.. I'm not sure how to set the voting process yet. As long as its MSP430 related, your project will be put in the pool.

So what do you guys think?

I like the idea, even just competing for the "Project of the Month" title would be fun. Adding a nominal prize would be very generous.

Maybe you can get retailers to donate prizes in return for mentioning their sponsorship of the month. $10 of product for a sponsorship? They'd surely go for that. :D

The only catch is if there would be enough entries each month. :?

The only catch is if there would be enough entries each month

Thats what I'm afraid off. The forum is growing slowly, but not enough to have new projects every month.

But.. even if there are 4 to 5 submissions a month, its enough to classify as a contest.

I like the idea, even just competing for the "Project of the Month" title would be fun. Adding a nominal prize would be very generous.

Thats a sweet idea!

The only catch is if there would be enough entries each month

Thats what I'm afraid off. The forum is growing slowly, but not enough to have new projects every month.

But.. even if there are 4 to 5 submissions a month, its enough to classify as a contest.

Well, if there isn't enough for one month, it could be extended into the next.

Well, if there isn't enough for one month, it could be extended into the next.

Good point cde. Maybe extend it by a week or two.

Or just make it "Contest ends [date], or at the end of the month following [x]th contest entry, whichever is later." That way, you could ensure you have at least [x] entries.