43oh

MQTT telemetry transport

Anyone heard of MQTT?

Message Queue Telemetry Transport (MQTT) is an open message protocol that enables the transfer of telemetry-style data in the form of messages from pervasive devices, along high latency or constrained networks, to a server or small message broker. Pervasive devices may range from sensors and actuators, to mobile phones, embedded systems on vehicles, or laptops and full scale computers.

If a client can run on an arduino then we could get a client running on an msp430.

• 2 years later...

I am tryng to adapt an mqtt broker using vibe.d to run on Windows/Linux/BSD. If i succed next step is to interface my tiva c launchpad trough cc3000 wireless boosterpack and trying to do the same with msp430 Launchpad. Maybe for the latter the 553 has not enough memory, but the cc3000 is not resorce hungry i wil give a try Finally the idea is to port everything on 6LowPAN chips from ti.

Sent from my Sony Tablet Z

Of course.

I have seen some stripped down versions of mqtt that could fit at least in a 955. I don' t need all the staff for very simple nodes. I am very inspired. For now i have had a first working attempt of mqtt server in d which interfaces with websockets and it seems to work on all modern browsers, even on mobile.

Today i started to approach the cc3000 booster pack. Seems a very buggy pi

Of course.

I have seen some stripped down versions of mqtt that could fit at least in a 955. I don' t need all the staff for very simple nodes. I am very inspired. For now i have had a first working attempt of mqtt server in d which interfaces with websockets and it seems to work on all modern browsers, even on mobile.

Today i started to approach the cc3000 booster pack. Seems a very buggy pi

Had a look to the imp website. Nice hardware but you need their infrastructure for the device to work, which rises some questions about the possibility to develop an mqtt client which connects to my mqtt server. I have to investigate about this.

Sent from my Sony Tablet Z

Yes, but they have contributed quite a lot of code back into open source, namely eCos project, so that's why I brought them up.

• 2 weeks later...