43oh

Booster Pack Breadboard

Page 6 of the datasheet says:

Stability

The ZLDO1117 requires an output capacitor as part of the device frequency compensation. As part of its improved

performance over industry standard 1117 the ZLDO1117 is suitable for use with MLCC (Multi Layer Ceramic Chip) capacitors. A minimum of 4.7?F ceramic X7R, 4.7?F tantalum, or 47 ?F of aluminum electrolytic is required. The ESR of the output capacitor should be less than 0.5?. Surface mount tantalum capacitors, which have very low ESR, are available from several manufacturers. When using MLCC capacitors avoid the use of Y5V dielectrics.

For the output cap, you have some latitude: You could pick:

- a 1206 sized, X7R Ceramic cap - say 22uF/6.3V or,

- a 1206 sized, X5R Ceramic cap - say 47uF/10V

For the input cap, I would pick a 10uf ceramic with a voltage rating specific to your application. I think the reg can handle 18V maximum so you might want to accommodate that.

BTW, the datasheet says that the reg needs a 100uF output only under certain conditions. If you really think that you need 100uF then put two 47uF in parallel at the output and you'll be good.

Does that help?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Throw in a high(er than the 250mA LP) power 3.3V or 3.6V LDO with a standard 2.1mm barrel jack and a jumper to connect it to the LP VCC?

Accepted.

I have one that was never made, if you are interested. It fits on LP and FP, has room for LEDs, but it's missing LDO.  

Posted Images

Let me see if I can accommodate. Maybe get a 5V ldo and divide it down to 3.3V or two LDOs.

Hey, I'm not the only one interested in this board. Others may want to keep it at 3.3V.

I gotta quit posting these opinions... people keep taking me seriously. :? Not just here; I posted an opinion on an Android developer's site and he added two features based on my input alone!

Public Service Announcement: I am a noob! I should usually be quietly ignored or patiently instructed. :lol:

Let me see if I can accommodate. Maybe get a 5V ldo and divide it down to 3.3V or two LDOs.

Hey, I'm not the only one interested in this board. Others may want to keep it at 3.3V.

I gotta quit posting these opinions... people keep taking me seriously. :? Not just here; I posted an opinion on an Android developer's site and he added two features based on my input alone!

Public Service Announcement: I am a noob! I should usually be quietly ignored or patiently instructed. :lol:

Nah.. this just show you have good ideas.