JRDavisUF

Win10 CCS9 rodata overflow

My Win10 Code Composer v9.1 (which had been up-to-date yesterday) came up with a needed update today...so I ran it.

Now, my Energia(21)-based code (msp432p401R) is splitting out this error (built using "debug"):

`.rodata' will not fit in region `FLASH'
c:/ti/ccs910/ccs/tools/compiler/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major-win32/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `FLASH' overflowed by 29204 bytes

Somehow, with this new CCS update, my flash usage has increased by 30k (pretty significant given the limited about of space on the msp432s).  Anyone else run into this?  Is there some compile option which I need to tweak to get it back to the previous flash footprint?

thx.

jrd

I was able to figure out the issue and a work around.  Turns out that the problem was Energia-related, not CCS specifically. In the most version of the MSP432R board file (5.23.1 -> 5.25.0), the Energia folks switched from -Os (optimize for space) to -O0 (no optimization).  As such, I believe when I was upgrading versions on my code, I created a new project, which used the new compile option which blew up everything.