43oh

Unable problem with Tiva C connected

Hello,

I am a new user attempting the blink example.  Here is the error that I get

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Energia15\packages\energia\tools\dslite\7.2.0.2096/DebugServer/bin/DSLite": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

I have already installed the drivers from https://energia.nu/guide/install/windows/ and restarted the PC.  The device is a LaunchPad (Tiva C) w/tm4c123 (80MHz) on COM3.  I'm using Window 10 PRO, with latest updates.  Energia 1.8.7E21.

Many thanks for any thoughts

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your interest.  Please see attached image from my filesystem.  I am not sure if the tool is there or not? 

I'm new at Energia.  I don't know how it's structured and I had rather assumed that all of the necessary components would be included automatically, but perhaps this is an easy fix if not?

2019-09-16 14_37_35.png

Hi Anding,

It seems that the TivaC installation did not complete. Can you do the following:

1. In the board manager click remove on the TivaC package.
  2. Go to the directory C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Energia15\staging\ and delete all files and folders
  3. Go to C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Energia15\packages\energia\tools\dslite\ and delete the folder 7.2.0.2096
  4. Go to C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Energia15\packages\energia\hardware\ and delete the folder tivac
  5. Now restart Energia
  6. Start Energia and reinstall the TivaC package.

Robert

Hi Robert,

I think you have correctly diagnosed the problem.  When I perform step 6, Energia hangs at this point (and I now recall this happened before)

1701452357_2019-09-1709_50_43.thumb.png.96b0a72a794deb7ee9ca3fbab517ffec.png

Here is as much information as I can find out

1653557478_2019-09-1709_51_50.thumb.png.2c76e842aa8d85a8a0ed34ef9d9e9e95.png

I'd be very grateful for any thoughts on next steps.  I've already disabled antivirus for the install and also removed old versions of Java that were installed on my system.

I attempted a fresh install on a completely different PC with, unfortunately, exactly the same result.  The board managers hangs when attempting to install the Tiva C boards.   I guess this may be some issue with the board managers as it's occurred on two entirely separate machines.

1529359668_2019-09-1809_16_31-Settings.thumb.png.c40045122509bcd20dc39f321a8adfac.png

Hi Robert, good question to ask.  I ran the board manager again.  After 15 minutes the installation was still "stuck" at the stage shown above.  After 25 minutes I came back and found that it had progressed with the following message:

1409887779_2019-09-2107_22_03.thumb.png.1c2f22bd5ac107cf8f6af23f4e453eb9.png

I had previously confirmed that the \tools\ folder was completely empty.  I ignored the error shown and was pleased to find that the Tiva C board definitions had indeed installed correctly.  I was able to run the blink example from the video.

I should have been more patient, but >15 minutes is longer than I expected, especially as this is just a "plug in", not a major stand-alone software package.  Perhaps it would be helpful to have some more visible progress indication or even a warning that the installation might take 15-20 minutes?

Anyway, thank you for your help.  These TI, Tiva C Launchpads are great boards.  They don't always get as much attention as the alternatives, but they have so much more potential and are really a gift at < US$20.  I'm pleased that the Energia software is around to support them!

• 1 month later...

Please repeat these steps again and do not cancel the installation process until it is done. It seems that it takes a long time on your machine and it might look like it hangs but that's not the case.

1. In the board manager click remove on the TivaC package.
  2. Go to the directory C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Energia15\staging\ and delete all files and folders
  3. Go to C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Energia15\packages\energia\tools\dslite\ and delete the folder 7.2.0.2096
  4. Go to C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Energia15\packages\energia\hardware\ and delete the folder tivac
  5. Now restart Energia
  6. Start Energia and reinstall the TivaC package.