43oh

[ ENDED ] Nov-Dec 2011 - 43oh Project of the Month Contest

Vote for the Nov-Dec 2011 - 43oh Project of the Month Contest.  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is my entry to 2011 Nov/Dec POTM.   been a while since my last project. the "bad apple" sound and sight reminds me of days when i spend afternoons in video arcade shop/parlor/institute? wasting

I was surprised myself. In any event, thanks to all for your consideration!   And many thanks to SugarAddict for his generous donation!   I'll be up for donating an assembled reflow oven kit fo

After a brief break, entry to the Nov-Dec 2011 contest is open. We are hoping that this be a mega contest with alot of entries. There is a ton of useful resources shared on the Forums. Be ambitious. A

Posted Images

this is my entry to 2011 Nov/Dec POTM.

been a while since my last project. the "bad apple" sound and sight reminds me of days when i spend afternoons in video arcade shop/parlor/institute? wasting my time/life. hope u enjoy.

original project thread http://43oh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1961

description

. reproduction of the internet meme "bad apple" sound and sight, in a self contained device

. ti launchpad / msp430 low end device demo

. msp430 spi usage, bit-bang style, on two devices

. lcd module access demonstrated

. sd / mmc low level access demonstrated

. polyphonic tone generation via pwm demonstrated

Please post comments / suggestions in the project thread.

http://43oh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1961

EDIT: btw, the powered speaker in the video is the "pringle's speaker" that u can get for free (almost). unfortunately the offer expired yesterday (in US), fortunately in Canada there is another month before the offer expires.

Hey guys,

Quick question. I have my EE Senior Design Project that was done with two MSP430 devices. A MSP430-F5438A and a MSP430-G2553. The main part of the project is a stepper motor control system used to accurately simulate Florida rainfall intensities on a 30'x8' test bed. It also has a wireless rain sensor used to measure the rainfall amount. Obviously I can't go into too much detail here...it would take too long. I'm currently uploading a YouTube video and some pictures of the project.

Here is a picture of the Motor Driver portion of the main board. There are two of these identical portions, one for each motor:

post-9738-135135526297_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the Microcontroller portion of the main board.

post-9738-135135526282_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the Low Voltage power supply portion of the main board. It supplies 3.3V, 5V, and 12V.

post-9738-135135526274_thumb.jpg

I wanted to know if I would be elligble to enter this as a POTM?

I know I don't meet all of the other requirements quite yet. But I should shortly...I am away from my home computer but I will be able to access and upload the code, as well as a few more pictures and a video of the system operation.

I look forward to learning some more stuff from you guys!

-Adam C.

I remember promising to submit my very basic first project, so I will when I get a chance.

Well, here it is. My Pee-Light. I'm helping get the entries up to 10 if nothing else. I've still got to do the (simple) schematics to add to my post, but I'll probably leave out a video of the project in action.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my entry to the project of the month contest, my geocache box. This box is an MSP430 based implementation of the reverse geocache puzzle. I will give this box to one of my cousin for christmas. To get the box to open, he will have to go through seven different locations using distance and bearing information. When all the destination will be completed the box can either be used as a development kit (gps+servo+display+switch), or serve as a personnal safe that remain closed for one year.

All the code can be downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/msp430-reverse-geocache/. Video and schematic soon to come.

post-9665-135135530012_thumb.jpg

Hey all,

I would like to submit my MSP430 SMT Reflow Oven for POTM.

The function of the project is to assist in the soldering of SMT. Again, i'm a open source type of guy so I have provided all the source files required for the project. Code, Schematic, Pictures, and a video can be found here:

http://www.43oh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2035

Video can be found here:

Any consideration would be greatly appreciated :)

A very happy new year to all of you.

Thanks for participating everyone. Our two month contest is completed!

The Nov-Dec 2011 Winner is the MSP430 SMT Reflow Oven by Username. Congratulations.

2nd Prize: The Universal Panel Meter by Robg

3rd Prize: SimpleAVR's TI Launchpad plays Bad Apple.

4th: Mbonin's Screaming Tea Timer

5th: Hockeyrcks9901's Rain Simulator Motor Control System and voelker's MSP430 Geocache Box.

To all the others, I'll redistribute the remaining prizes. You guys wont be left out. Thanks for participating!

Winners, please email me you addresses at admin at 4 3 o h . com

A very happy new year to all of you.

Thanks for participating everyone. Our two month contest is completed!

The Nov-Dec 2011 Winner is the MSP430 SMT Reflow Oven by Username. Congratulations.

2nd Prize: The Universal Panel Meter by Robg

3rd Prize: SimpleAVR's TI Launchpad plays Bad Apple.

4th: Mbonin's Screaming Tea Timer

5th: Hockeyrcks9901's Rain Simulator Motor Control System and voelker's MSP430 Geocache Box.

To all the others, I'll redistribute the remaining prizes. You guys wont be left out. Thanks for participating!

Winners, please email me you addresses at admin at 4 3 o h . com

I thought voting ends Jan. 3rd?

• 4 weeks later...