43oh

Hello I joined this forum so I can receive guidance as I advance in knowledge in mcu and circuit design! I am currently studying for a computer engineering degree but I can't wait to start having all the fun! My friend recommended me on the msp430. My first project (besides a blinking led) is to play a classical piece on an electric buzzer! I know a microcontroller really isn't made to hold all those variables but I managed to get the first 100 notes in!! I am very pleased with it but when I take the ic out onto the breadboard I'm starting to have issues -_-'. My ultimate goal is to make a function generator so I can test equipment!

> I am currently studying for a computer engineering degree

Cool

> My first project (besides a blinking led) is to play a classical piece on an electric buzzer!

A couple of thoughts:

1) Buzzers are not speakers; typically they have a very limited repertoire, like a single frequency...

2) Depending on the device you are using, you may find significant memory limitations.  So, as always, RTFM the specs before you buy... :)

Have fun

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 11:32 PM, NurseBob said:

> I am currently studying for a computer engineering degree

Cool

> My first project (besides a blinking led) is to play a classical piece on an electric buzzer!

A couple of thoughts:

1) Buzzers are not speakers; typically they have a very limited repertoire, like a single frequency...

2) Depending on the device you are using, you may find significant memory limitations.  So, as always, RTFM the specs before you buy... :)

Have fun

Haha yeah I found out that I could only play up to 100 notes before runnig out of memory!!