43oh

LaunchPad + BeagleBoard Sentry Droid security cam

Nice find gatesphere. Pretty interesting project. He sounds pretty confident he can pull it off, so I'll be watching this one.

An IR mesh network? THAT would be pretty handy! I hope he releases code!

BTW: Pretty cute, the way he changes your cursor to an Android (FF on Win7). Android FTW! :D

-Doc

• 4 weeks later...

Yea I have seen the hacks on the kinect and the 3d is pretty awesome. I hope I can port it to arm for omap3. The hacked drivers are open source and I may get in touch with the developer if I run into any snags during compile time. The kinect will replace the generic security cam and make motion tracking possible with the camera sensor. Since the kinect does not have a 360 p/z/t then I will build it one (pan zoom tilt) hopefully by modding the current servos. This way once a msp430 sentry is triggered the pzt can move the cam sensor to that location. I am still getting parts together and will do this in stages starting with the sentry. This way I can contribute back here with updates on the 430 side of things...

• 4 weeks later...

So, I have been doing a bit of research on infrared mesh networks and I remembered that IrLAN is a standard com protocol. Further, I found out that mesh on IR is patented and I do not want to remake the wheel here. What do you all think I should do for the MSP430 sconce sentry. The idea is that each "node" sentry communicates to the other's for the purpose of a "trip" sensor. Not unlike those you find in retail store doorways that ding when you walk through... With a dozen or more sconce sentry lights leading up the walk way and around the drive way they would be able to detect movement and send back tons of cool data to play with.